Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

geeksrgreat

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, so I've been scouring through the thread but no luck so far. Does this work or has anyone here tried to do it on a 2DS?

Marter714

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I followed the instructions from the video and after a few attempts got sysUpdater to work.
I press "Y" to downgrade and it said "Gathering information" after a few seconds it said complete and rebooted. When I check the System Setting it said I'm still on 10.3
What exactly am I doing wrong?
Can anyone help me?

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
continueously failed to get cia info
Having the same issues. N3DSXL been going at it for the past 7 hours
Might be a stupid question, but I just jumped back into this thread after a day of work and like 75 pages later. But did you guys varify the md5 checksum of the update packs you have to ensure that they're legit?

metalzero285

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might be a stupid question, but I just jumped back into this thread after a day of work and like 75 pages later. But did you guys varify the md5 checksum of the update packs you have to ensure that they're legit?

Yes I got them from a mega folder and it was the same as the check. Should I download it again and see what happens?

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
you have answered yourself,It's a stupid question

WeedZ

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yes I got them from a mega folder and it was the same as the check. Should I download it again and see what happens?
Nah, it was just a suggestion. But it seems your fine there if you've done it already.

you have answered yourself,It's a stupid question
I take that as a yes, and the hostility as frustration. I forgive you.

Reactions: Ruby Gloom

tornadog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YES YES YES...downgraded finally N3DS 10.3U to 9.2U...had to do a system format and used browserhax to load. After reboot formatted again and then went into browser to readd the browserhax but getting stuck on red screen

mirzazafran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Finally got sysUpdater (SUlib) to downgrade after countless #5 and #7 crashes and 'failed to get cia file info' nags. Will post results soon

Edit: Got it!
N3DSXL 10.3.0-28U > 9.2.0-20U (from that chaos site)
julian20's SUlib sysUpdater
Entrypoint: menuhax 2.1
No. of tries attempts to boot sysUpdater: Lost count
No. of downgrade attempts: One

Big thanks to OP, julian20 for his much safer sysUpdater and everyone who made this possible :lol:

Last edited by mirzazafran,

WeedZ

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So I guess i just keep trying and hope I get lucky?
Personally I would check a few things.

1 instead of extracting the archive to your computer then copying to sd, use latest winrar to extract the zip directly to sd. It may be possible that your computer is creating hidden system/data files in the extracted directory that is interfering with the updater.

2 check that the 'updates' folder is in the root of your sd card. I'm sure you did but just sayin..

3 not sure of your entry point but homemenuhax has best record for successful launches. I think it's because the hax is loaded before certain applications.

4 when I did mine, I backed up everything on my sd then formatted it to prevent any possible conflicts with installed software that may run in background. I reinstalled homemenuhax via cubic ninja (I'm sure you can use any exploit you want) and placed only the updates folder and sysupdater on it.

5 make sure your using 2.5 of the homebrew launcher.

CyberBuzzKill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I am getting the Sha 1
of U region old 3ds as

95E07702492BFE880161E6CFC872B9608C05494E

Downloaded twice but same sha1
Can anyone say what I am doing wrong

metalzero285

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally I would check a few things.

1 instead of extracting the archive to your computer then copying to sd, use latest winrar to extract the zip directly to sd. It may be possible that your computer is creating hidden system/data files in the extracted directory that is interfering with the updater.

2 check that the 'updates' folder is in the root of your sd card. I'm sure you did but just sayin..

3 not sure of your entry point but homemenuhax has best record for successful launches. I think it's because the hax is loaded before certain applications.

4 when I did mine, I backed up everything on my sd then formatted it to prevent any possible conflicts with installed software that may run in background. I reinstalled homemenuhax via cubic ninja (I'm sure you can use any exploit you want) and placed only the updates folder and sysupdater on it.

5 make sure your using 2.5 of the homebrew launcher.

Thanks for the help. I'll try those and see what happens. I might just have to wait.

Reactions: WeedZ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk