Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I didn't mess up with the files, I just was too persistent with it. I got lucky and soft-bricked about 10 times until I finally got an error halfway through the downgrade that messed up everything.
That's the thing. If the first 5-10 times you got a soft brick, that's your go sign to stop until someone can assist in a better way. At this point can you access recovery?

mrolive

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I didn't mess up with the files, I just was too persistent with it. I got lucky and soft-bricked about 10 times until I finally got an error halfway through the downgrade that messed up everything.

I checked my hash before even trying the first time.
hmmmmmmm that's really odd. What error message did you get?

Wulfre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the thing. If the first 5-10 times you got a soft brick, that's your go sign to stop until someone can assist in a better way. At this point can you access recovery?
I do not think that that I can. I have held down [L + R + A + UP] up to 1 minute, but then my fingers start to hurt -- though it shouldn't take more than 10 seconds if it were working.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

hmmmmmmm that's really odd. What error message did you get?
I didn't get to record the message that it gave me because my device restarted after that. It was some generic error followed by a hex code, that is all I can tell you.

D

Deleted User

Just downgraded perfectly fine on my O3DS (10.3.0.28-E) to 9.2, but in 9.2 I just couldn't load any entrypoint to HB Launcher so I reverted back to 10.3. Browserhax didn't seem to work (clicked slider, bottom screen turned yellow, then gray then browser crashed) and I couldn't load Ironfall since it seems to require a higher Firm.
Try several times, it doesn't work instantly. Also, download MenuHax before you try again

Zeon02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
6 hours..... 6 hours trying to update...... AND MY INTERNET KEEPS SCREWING IT UP

DAMMIT
Bro, i am also from Venezuela, and my internet (i guess) don't leave me update on the Recovery Mode, always get error at 30% of download, what do you think?

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Bro, i am also from Venezuela, and my internet (i guess) don't leave me update on the Recovery Mode, always get error at 30% of download, what do you think?
You don't have LTE mobile data? See more stable to use one like that at this point

kyomagi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK,

I am getting success and it gives me the option to start the downgrade, when i hit Y, nothing happens. its just locked up

any reason?

New 3DS xl, hyrule edition

ombus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
based on the poll of this page there is 1 in 5 chances of failure so.. i will abstain and wait for ktm.. i just hope ktm has 0 hard bricks and if it has soft bricks at least be released before 10.4 .

Wulfre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK,

I am getting success and it gives me the option to start the downgrade, when i hit Y, nothing happens. its just locked up

any reason?

New 3DS xl, hyrule edition
You should just not try at all on n3ds, take it from me, I managed to brick on o3ds.
If you still want to try though, menuhax seems to be the best entry to use unless you have ninjhax.

Hyura

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If I were you I'd wait a month or 2 just to be safe, I mean I got bricked and have to get it repaired.

The pic kinda sucks but thats all it does. Just black screen. I'm gonna get it repaired tho

Repair how? Do you have a nand backup?

Or are you gonna trade it for another 3DS?

I checked my hash before even trying the first time.

Which sysupdater did you use?

Hyura

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I tried both steveice's and tuxsh's. Tuxsh's one is what caused my brick though.

There's Julian20's sysupdater that seems to be working without problems or bricks, at least so far.

@TheStoneBanana has to put it on the OP.

i have 2mb of internet.

Unfortunately I don't think you have another option. It's either Nintendo update or Nintendo update.

Maybe you can try to do it on a less busy hour (middle of the night).

Wulfre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's Julian20's sysupdater that seems to be working without problems or bricks, at least so far.

Too bad for me that I can't use it.

My only options right now seem to be sending it to nintendo for $95 and hoping that they fix it, or getting a new system for around $200.

Hyura

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Too bad for me that I can't use it.

My only options right now seem to be sending it to nintendo for $95 and hoping that they fix it, or getting a new system for around $200.

Yeah, unfortunately your 3DS is gone :(

At least you do have that option. The most Nintendo ever did for me was to ban my Nintendo Club account because I'm not living in the US :D

A new 3DS here is more than the minimum wage, lol.

Oh, maybe you can get one on eBay :x

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
where is that one?

Unfortunately I don't think you have another option. It's either Nintendo update or Nintendo update.

Maybe you can try to do it on a less busy hour (middle of the night).

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Another downgrade newb coming in! I know the place is bursting with these types of questions and I know with the current tools there's no way to be 100% brick-safe but I want to atleast minimize the risk as much as possible! Here's my info and what I gathered so far:

I have a EU small New 3DS running:

• 9.9.0-26E
  • IronHax with 2.5 Beta Payload
  • ThemeHax 2.0 with 2.5 Beta Payload and a Custom theme that responds to holding L at boot, otherwise it boots normal
  • a freshly bought and formatted SanDisk 64gb Class10 micro SD card
  • The latest version of Julian20's SysUpdater with the reliability patch and the one that installs the Safe-Mode package first
  • The necessary 9.2E files for a NEW 3DS
  • The files MD5 Checksum matches the one commonly mentioned online
  • The SHA-1 Checksum does too with the oddity that the one floating around online has a ? at the end while mine does not
so I believe I have everything I need and can do or is there anything else I can do to further minimize the risk? Would it be a good idea to install the IronHax 10.3 Payloads in slot 3 just in case I softbrick and have to update to 10.3?

I know I should probably wait for Kernel Time Machine but I'm scared that Nintendo will drop 10.4 anytime soon and in that case if I end up with a soft-brick I would probably be screwed entirely.

Thanks for any answers and help in advance!

Last edited by SkyDX,

Av448

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
You should just not try at all on n3ds, take it from me, I managed to brick on o3ds.
If you still want to try though, menuhax seems to be the best entry to use unless you have ninjhax.

could you please give detailed info about your hardbrick?

were you using the lastest sysUpdater build? the one that installs SAFEMODE first

if you were, then making SAFEMODE being installed first doesn't changue anything and everyone is still taking the risk of a hardbrick because some glitch happened halfway through

i

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://torrentfreak.com/one-nintendo-dmca-notice-just-wiped-out-8535-yuzu-emulator-forks-240502/