Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Manito

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YES I MANAGED TO DOWNGRADE SUCCESFULLY I'M SO HAPPY N3DS 10.3 USA

However... there is one weird thing. I was using menuhax... and it didn't show an error screen. Did I do something wrong?
I'm thinking of downgrading my N3DS XL, you think I should or should I wait for a more stable release?

code640

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am stuck at "Updates installed. Rebooting in 10 seconds..." What do I do? I have already downgraded 2 other ds's fine but did not encounter this.
That's perfectly fine.

Manually hold the power button until it shuts down.
Take out the SD card and turn on your 3DS.

That's it :)

Reactions: Deleted User

Chrestomanci

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I began the process, saw four CIAs correctly installing and had to get the phone. When I came back the screen was black (but on), left at it for some minutes, and then looked it up and saw some people saying that they had to force reboot, tried that, but nothing happens....brick???
Turn it on without the SD card.

xRandomLurker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having the same problems as Bear is having. Should we try the libSU one? Mine just stops when launching, the displays are backlit but nothing showing. Reboot doesnt fix it
Julians downgrader stopped loading stuff after a few tries for me, should I use someone elses now?

I keep freezing at Don't run this in sysnand message in red now

Hyura

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
D

Deleted User

I can now confirm that I have downgraded 2 O3ds one sys version 10.3 and one 10.1... I am curious if it is ok to use the app on my new 3ds. I have reports of yes but the app said on the old 3ds that it is untested for the new 3ds.... somebody please clarify. I can also say that I do know what I am doing and that I have verified the md5 of the update pack I have, I just want to know if the sysUpdater runs properly on n3ds.

Bat420maN

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.freeforums.org
XP
Country
United States
Anyone having issues running browserhax after the downgrade try running the save data thing in your browser settings. After running that I was able to launch Browserhax and get my themehax back on the first try.

Ok, I am on 9.2 with hax access, now what?

Inconsistently

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
N3DS 9.2.0-20E:
MD5: 6dcca8fcbc9a28c82c2a4e5182f3acf8
SHA-1: e7c77bf205137167f1f1befa0c4db9d879a21a2e?

I've downloaded exactly this firmware, but in my case the sha-1 hash value doesn't own a question mark. Is that alright? Just to be sure...

I also compared md5 hash value, they are the same.

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FUCK YES 9.2-20E N3DS and it worked perfectly (aside from getting into sysupdater itself)

Here is what i did:

- formated my n3ds (had 10.1, updated to 10.3 then format)
- formated SD (32gb kingstone class10) with SD formater (format overwrite + formatsize adjustements)
- downloaded 9.2-20E firmware for N3DS
- checked md5 of above firmware via this site
MD5: 6dcca8fcbc9a28c82c2a4e5182f3acf8
SHA-1: e7c77bf205137167f1f1befa0c4db9d879a21a2e?
- downloaded this systemupdater which julian posted (SULib one) MIRROR
- downloaded starter kit for homebrew (from smealum site)
- installed TeraCopy to ensure nothing will be damaged via copy/paste on SD card

Once above is done then this:

- put SD to pc
- copy everything lower via teracopy program! (it will show your option when you do it just via copy/paste like normally you do after you install that program)
- copy starter kit folder content to sd card
- copy sysupdater to 3ds folder in your SD card
- copy updates folder to your SD card once you unpacked your downloaded and checked via md5 sum FW
- get your SD card to your 3DS and set up your 3DS (date, time etc.)
- change your theme to something else and back to default (to ensure menuhax will work)
- do browserhax (scan QR code [L+R and then that left sticker] from this site)
- you should go into HomeBrew thanks to above
- choose menuhax manager and install menuhax
- restart your 3DS and hold L to go into homebrewlauncher directly

Once above is done you have properly installed homebrew on 10.3 and it is confirmed that all files are 100% safe to use (that FW you downloaded) and nothing weird should go wrong (it still has that chance though)

Once above was done i started sysupdater from homebrewlauncher.
Since memchunx doesn't work most of the time i had to try 7-10 times before i got #8 success and sysupdater menu.

Then i pressed Y, nothing happened for 3-5 seconds
Then cheking CIA files... or whatever that was for 10-30 seconds
Then it started to install CIA files
Then it got to autorestart in 10 seconds
Autorestarted (NO CRASH)
Booted into 9.2 system without problem perfectly (without taking out SD card)

In other words perfectly updated without single crash (aside from getting into sysupdate menu)

I give my humble thanks to whoever worked on memchunks, julian for this fantastic build and ton of other people that showed me way to ensure everything will work correctly (like teracopy, md5 etc).

Now i have 9.2 and i am wondering what should i do :) Good thing to wonder about :)
Scholar/ Gentelman- I kept having the cia failure on my hhd n3ds, but following this and I am now on 9.2 on it, Sticky dis seriously.

Bearpowers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That does happen, just keep trying. Don't worry I keep getting it too. You could try redownloading and recopying it onto your SD Card if you want just in case?
It used to load all my CIA's now it freezes or gets errors before that. I just don't know what to do.

foxfire2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Got the newest Version of sysupdater to work, which started installing.

After a few seconds it froze and is now stuck on this.

Any solutions? O3ds in 10.3.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• 1451947120401-1582962365.jpg
    1451947120401-1582962365.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 184

xRandomLurker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What CIAs do I need? I'm on (9.9.0-26U O3ds)
On that iso site look under the CIA Updates and look for the thread titled [MEGA] [CIA/BIN] MSET 4.X & 6.X backups, Browser backups, Update packs (All Regions) Oh and make sure you get the zip named 9.2.0-20U(Full).zip

It used to load all my CIA's now it freezes or gets errors before that. I just don't know what to do.
Like did it keep saying OK next to it and stuff? If you're using MenuHax, take your SD Card out and check i you're downgraded already somehow.

I pressed Y to downgrade but nothing happened, and I cant press B to exit. Help?
Reboot after 5 minutes, dunno why it happens.

Got the newest Version of sysupdater to work, which started installing.

After a few seconds it froze and is now stuck on this.

Any solutions? O3ds in 10.3.

Thank you in advance.
I think it broke, leave it for 5-10 mins and reboot??? If it doesnt start take out your SD Card and if THAT doesn't work, try going into recovery mode and updating and downgrading again.

Last edited by xRandomLurker,
Reactions: Something whatever
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?