Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Father Crilly

GBAtemp's Phoney Priest
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay so: prepare ironhax> update to 10.3> install menuhax/browserhax> downgrade?

Yeah but I'm not sure it will work. Browserhax might, but you MIGHT need to do something to be able to access the browser without being told to update to the latest firmware.

Are you able to use Ninjhax? It's the easiest option.

Boy12

NOT a new member!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah but I'm not sure it will work. Browserhax might, but you MIGHT need to do something to be able to access the browser without being told to update to the latest firmware.

Are you able to use Ninjhax? It's the easiest option.
I dont have cubic ninja, but I do have Zelda OoT

ShyPlox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
someone on reddit by the name of Gameboy figured out how to fix his error problem by reseting his dbs folder, this is what he said "and you need to reset your dbs folder in sysNAND" , Basically if you look at your SD card navigate to your sysNAND and find the dbs folder. Check the file size on them and if it's not 0 then you need to replace them with a blank text file with a renamed extension. A quick Google search about replacing dbs solved the problem for me, so if my direction wasn't good enough search that or ask me again, but it's probably faster to search it. Good luck!" , "Replace them and start up your ds normally, and go to settings then data management then 3ds (not sure the exact order but it's in there. If you can't find it let me know in like an hour I can get my ds) but it will say repair saves or something and click yes. After that try to install the cia again and that should fix it". you can make a simple text file by opening notebook on windows and saving it under the same name of whats in your dbs folder.

Last edited by ShyPlox,

Father Crilly

GBAtemp's Phoney Priest
Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by Father Crilly,
Reactions: Boy12

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
someone on reddit by the name of Gameboy figured out how to fix his error problem by reseting his dbs folder, this is what he said "and you need to reset your dbs folder in sysNAND" , Basically if you look at your SD card navigate to your sysNAND and find the dbs folder. Check the file size on them and if it's not 0 then you need to replace them with a blank text file with a renamed extension. A quick Google search about replacing dbs solved the problem for me, so if my direction wasn't good enough search that or ask me again, but it's probably faster to search it. Good luck!" , "Replace them and start up your ds normally, and go to settings then data management then 3ds (not sure the exact order but it's in there. If you can't find it let me know in like an hour I can get my ds) but it will say repair saves or something and click yes. After that try to install the cia again and that should fix it". you can make a simple text file by opening notebook on windows and saving it under the same name of whats in your dbs folder.

Pardon my ignorance but what does this fix? The sysupdater freezing/not starting?

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
Trophies
XP
Country
Huzzah! it worked!

For a moment there, I thought it died, because it only seemed to install like, 10-15 CIAs before going to a black screen, but after a few minutes, it rebooted to 9.2 and all is well! :)

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you managed to get past the screen freeze ? If so what did you do, just restart your console ?
Stuck there too

I rebooted my console and luckily it booted up ok (in 10.3). I have no idea why the actual sysudater app is locking up though! This is probably what's bricking consoles. Luckily mine didn't lock up during the writing process.

ShyPlox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pardon my ignorance but what does this fix? The sysupdater freezing/not starting?
yea he said after doing this his sysupdater worked and he downgraded, it wont work for everyone( including myself) but I thought this could help those who it might work for.

RhythmCat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Father Crilly

Boy12

NOT a new member!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Actually, you'll need to update to 10.3, make sure Ironhax is installed, install oot3dhax but when you are choosing your firmware, choose 9.2.0.20 or whatever it is and then downgrade. It may work. Not sure. Might be a stupid method but it's worth a shot.

There's a tutorial for installing oot3dhax here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-install-oot3dhax.396339/
Uh-oh, now it says failed to update, the system will now restart itself :/
Do you know a fix?

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea he said after doing this his sysupdater worked and he downgraded, it wont work for everyone( including myself) but I thought this could help those who it might work for.

Is it possible my sysupdater doesn't want to boot because I am using menuhax?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gotta get that government cheese one new laptop a year +1