Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Failed to get File Info is the bane of my existence right now, I guess I'll try it with IronHax just for the heck of it.

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so... sorry for the ubern00b questions but i've only just entered the 3ds eco with the animal crossing n3ds. but after downgrading to 9.2 and getting rxtools, will you then be able to run backups? or will i still need to get my hands on a gateway/cubic ninja?
Rxtools runs backups fine

Hyura

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I want 4.5 so that I can install a CFW. I'm using a tutorial from last January that I remember using a while ago.

Go for this one: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

Just installed rxTools on mine.

Nintendo will ask the full price of the console anyway.

Replacing the motherboard is a bit hard, I guess. Good luck nway.

Help I press y on sysupdater but nothing happens

Keep trying. Had to try 5 times here.

ThomasRobertWade

Trophies
XP

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It worked on my sis's 2DS 10.1 U, updating to 10.3, loading Menuhax, using JulianSysUpdater, and the full 9.2 U update. I had to borrow my O3DS's Wi-fi daughterboard to do it (her Wi-fi board is toasted, but still acts as a jumper to prevent a black screen). No major crap-ups.

Now I don't have to cross my fingers that my replacement O3DS motherboard somewhere in post right now is <9.2.

Last edited by kehkou,

Ridge

they/them
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Norway
If all else fails, try to format SysNAND before downgrading, it helped another member here.
I'm gonna do that, and if that doesn't work I'm just waiting for KTM. Although, I've never formatted a 3DS before. If I remove my SD card, format, link NNID and then insert my SD card again, do I still have to redownload my games?

perkel

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Questionary doesn't work properly. It says "some question missing" but i choose everything.
@TheStoneBanana

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

sysupdater stuck in restartin in 10 sec
help
have I bricked

Wait good 10 minutes. Then pry and restart it.
If black screen then take of your SD card
If still doesn't work try recovery
If recovery doesn't work you have good paperweight.

Reactions: Hyura

Hyura

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm gonna do that, and if that doesn't work I'm just waiting for KTM. Although, I've never formatted a 3DS before. If I remove my SD card, format, link NNID and then insert my SD card again, do I still have to redownload my games?

Nope, you don't. But I'd just backup the files...

Would be safer, I guess.

Reactions: Ridge

Rinnen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Could someone answer me some questions?
I'm pretty sure some were already answered in last pages,but...well.

1-I'm a O3DS XL at the most recent firmware user,so i'm guessing the sucess rates are higher?
2-Should I use Julian's SysUpdate,or not?(And why?)
3-The downloaded Update file,is "9.2.0-20U(Full).zip"? I've seen some people using the .ttp ones.
4-How bad can my console be bricked?

Sorry for the questioning,i'm just uncertain if I should downgrade or not,earlier I decided that waiting for a better method would be the best,but seeing so many people downgrading with success is making my patience go away.

Hyura

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Could someone answer me some questions?
I'm pretty sure some were already answered in last pages,but...well.

1-I'm a O3DS XL at the most recent firmware user,so i'm guessing the sucess rates are higher?
2-Should I use Julian's SysUpdate,or not?(And why?)
3-The downloaded Update file,is "9.2.0-20U(Full).zip"? I've seen some people using the .ttp ones.
4-How bad can my console be bricked?

Sorry for the questioning,i'm just uncertain if I should downgrade or not,earlier I decided that waiting for a better method would be the best,but seeing so many people downgrading with success is making my patience go away.

Sure.

1 - Doesn't really matter, actually. But 10.3 is easier to use the browserhax (used to set up menuhax).
2 - Yeah, you shoud. His sysupdater didn't produce any hardbricks so far (one guy talked about a hardbrick, but never said which sysupdater he used).
3 - Yes, that is the correct file for the OLD 3DS USA.
4 - If it bricks, it can either be a soft or a hard brick. Soft bricks can be solved by entering the recovery menu (L+R+A+DPAD-UP while powering up). If it's a hard brick, it's over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Thank you based Dinoh.