Similar to Suikoden

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by osirisFIVE, Apr 12, 2009.

Apr 12, 2009

Similar to Suikoden by osirisFIVE at 10:24 AM (1,251 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. osirisFIVE
    OP

Member osirisFIVE GBAtemp Fan

Singapore
    I know this is kinda late, but I've finished playing Suikoden Tierkreis and I must say it's probably my most enjoyable DS experience.

More like because it's the forth game I've finished one the system. (first was Layton, Phoenix series, Broken Sword)
    I wonder if you guys have any suggestions for DS games or even Wii games with epic fantasy stories such as this.

You could give me games to look out for if they haven't been released yet, I'll appreciate it as well.
    Thanks in advance!

2. qwsed

Member qwsed GBAtemp Regular

Anguilla
    Well, we do have many tactical RPGs where you get characters. But there is no game that is Suikoden in that fashion.

My biggest recommendation is: Suikoden 1-2 for PSX, and 3-5 for PS2. Suikoden 2 being the best game in the series.

Other than that we have: Shining Force (you gather characters, change class). No castles and no armyfights.

3. Domination

Member Domination GBAtemp Psycho!

Singapore
    Glad you liked it. But well i dun think there are many(or even any) other games like ST on the DS. You seldom find 108 other characters, 30 maybe, and i never remebered playing any RPG with castle and army naming.

But we do have a wide array of Turn-Based RPGS though: Like the FF and DQ remakes ( DQ V is a GREAT RPG).

4. shonosuke

Member shonosuke GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    How can you enjoy a game with such a shallow battle system more than phoenix wright. Anyway try FFIV

5. osirisFIVE
    OP

Singapore
    Don't know man.

Guess you could say I'm more of a story kinda guy.
    As long as the battle system compliments a deep story, I'm all for it.

6. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    I loved the game for it's high quality of polish and thta it showed some strong points of the DS. But my main praise is that it is a very traditional RPG which is getting quite rare while not being incredably cliched. If you want a game very similar, try to play the Golden Sun games on the GBA. My favourite RPG's ever, followed by Baten Kaitos and then Suikoden.

7. qwsed

Member qwsed GBAtemp Regular

Anguilla
    Im gonna repost about the rest of the Suikoden games [​IMG]

They are just AWESOME

8. osirisFIVE
    OP

Singapore
    Haha, thanks. I think I'm gonna actually finish the Golden Sun Series.
    How about the last time, the storyline didn't actually intrigue me. I'll see how it goes.

I'll also play the riviera game again. Battle style was awesome.

9. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    I am not sure which games story you found boring. If it is Suikoden, then I can agree with you but if you mean Golden Sun, then I shall smite you. [​IMG]
    Seriously though, the story of the games are really good and the second game changes the whole concept of the story. Give it another go and I guarentee you wont be dissapointed.