osirisFIVE

OP
Trophies
Website
www.imperfectgrandeur.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Senegal
I know this is kinda late, but I've finished playing Suikoden Tierkreis and I must say it's probably my most enjoyable DS experience.

More like because it's the forth game I've finished one the system. (first was Layton, Phoenix series, Broken Sword)
I wonder if you guys have any suggestions for DS games or even Wii games with epic fantasy stories such as this.

You could give me games to look out for if they haven't been released yet, I'll appreciate it as well.
Thanks in advance!

qwsed

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, we do have many tactical RPGs where you get characters. But there is no game that is Suikoden in that fashion.

My biggest recommendation is: Suikoden 1-2 for PSX, and 3-5 for PS2. Suikoden 2 being the best game in the series.

Other than that we have: Shining Force (you gather characters, change class). No castles and no armyfights.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Glad you liked it. But well i dun think there are many(or even any) other games like ST on the DS. You seldom find 108 other characters, 30 maybe, and i never remebered playing any RPG with castle and army naming.

But we do have a wide array of Turn-Based RPGS though: Like the FF and DQ remakes ( DQ V is a GREAT RPG).

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I loved the game for it's high quality of polish and thta it showed some strong points of the DS. But my main praise is that it is a very traditional RPG which is getting quite rare while not being incredably cliched. If you want a game very similar, try to play the Golden Sun games on the GBA. My favourite RPG's ever, followed by Baten Kaitos and then Suikoden.

qwsed

Trophies
XP
Country
Im gonna repost about the rest of the Suikoden games
tongue.gif

They are just AWESOME

osirisFIVE

OP
Trophies
Website
www.imperfectgrandeur.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Edgedancer said:
I loved the game for it's high quality of polish and thta it showed some strong points of the DS. But my main praise is that it is a very traditional RPG which is getting quite rare while not being incredably cliched. If you want a game very similar, try to play the Golden Sun games on the GBA. My favourite RPG's ever, followed by Baten Kaitos and then Suikoden.
Haha, thanks. I think I'm gonna actually finish the Golden Sun Series.
How about the last time, the storyline didn't actually intrigue me. I'll see how it goes.

I'll also play the riviera game again. Battle style was awesome.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
osirisFIVE said:
Edgedancer said:
Haha, thanks. I think I'm gonna actually finish the Golden Sun Series.
How about the last time, the storyline didn't actually intrigue me. I'll see how it goes.

I'll also play the riviera game again. Battle style was awesome.
I am not sure which games story you found boring. If it is Suikoden, then I can agree with you but if you mean Golden Sun, then I shall smite you.
smile.gif

Seriously though, the story of the games are really good and the second game changes the whole concept of the story. Give it another go and I guarentee you wont be dissapointed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night