Gaming SimCity DS!!

mag2005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol Doom is 50 years old and 2d sprites. For a game that has been ported to so many different systems it had better run smoothly.Â
rofl2.gif
Anyway BiA was an attempt to do something FRESH and push the system to the limits. All games have bugs but BiA was still a major achievement.

There was nothing fresh about BIA DS since it's BIA is already available for high end cell phone and it look and play just about same as DS version. BIA DS is developed by Gameloft which is known to develop cell phone games, I doubted that they to push the limit of the DS by porting the cell phone version over to the DS.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is my understanding that the DS version of BiA has more missions than the cell phone version. That's something I guess.

But.....this is a SimCity thread, aren't we supposed to be talking about that in this thread?

I've heard that the DS version of SimCity does away with the underground plumbing.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol Doom is 50 years old and 2d sprites. For a game that has been ported to so many different systems it had better run smoothly.Â
rofl2.gif
Anyway BiA was an attempt to do something FRESH and push the system to the limits. All games have bugs but BiA was still a major achievement.

There was nothing fresh about BIA DS since it's BIA is already available for high end cell phone and it look and play just about same as DS version. BIA DS is developed by Gameloft which is known to develop cell phone games, I doubted that they to push the limit of the DS by porting the cell phone version over to the DS.
The mobile version isn't as impressive, It was also quite rigid gameplay wise., theres a lot less particle effects too. I've played the high end version and there is a noticeable difference. Ds version also has 3 times more missions. You may also notice that the DS specific missions are a lot bigger too with bigger levels.

Saying that I don't think BiA DS was pushed the DS to its limits, I reckon theres better to come.

t3chvest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never got how to make money in SimCity. Then again the last time I played was when I was like 12 (no economic sense
smile.gif
)

Easy. You pause the game, build a TON of housing, supply a little water/electricity, industry, schools, etc...

Then you put all taxes to 20%, all maintenance to 0, set the game speed to Cheetah, then come home from work a rich simmer.

biggrin.gif

They'll hate you, but you can fix that quickly enough.
cool.gif

TheBlueStylus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never gotten into SimCity, I have 3000, its alright, I just suck at it because I don't have time to devote to it on pc, but having it on DS will fix that. Can't wait.

SlCKB0Y

Trophies
XP
Country
Gah. I'm bored. Where is it already? Can anyone confirm it has actually been released?

I'm in a different time zone and it's the afternoon on 20th jun already. I hate being ahead the rest of the world.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gah. I'm bored. Where is it already? Can anyone confirm it has actually been released?

I'm in a different time zone and it's the afternoon on 20th jun already. I hate being ahead the rest of the world.
The release dates given are shipping dates, sometimes games are in he shops on the day or sometimes after. Also you'll have to remember that games reach certain US regions before others so its just waiting for a NDS release team to actually get the game.

Some stores are now saying it'll be in stock by 23rd.

UncleChuckle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After reading so many people having problems I was expecting it to not work, but on my M3 CF it works fine seemingly. Did it at x1 and Force R/W.

Looks good. Not gone beyond rudimentary testing yet, so laying roads may kill it, but it looks promising. I was a HUGE Sim City nut back in the day, so to revisit and wreak havoc... I mean create a wonderful city
rofl2.gif
will be good fun.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: What the hell was that Syl?