Unfortune

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
Hi guys, so I was playing Silent Hill Shattered Memories from a USB. So everything was going fine until I got to a part where you enter a house and a shadow of a boy runs out of the house. Then my Wii Remote stopped working and my pointer wouldn't show on the screen or anything. Then I updated IOS249 to version 21 (it used to be version 17). Then, the game worked past that part for a short while. The next time I tried to go into a house, the screen said 'Loading' at the bottom and it got stuck there. So, I am guessing this is a problem with the cIOS.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Since it is a cIOS problem, can anyone who has played Shattered Memories without problems from a USB tell me which cIOS they used, and what version?

Thanks.

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys, so I was playing Silent Hill Shattered Memories from a USB. So everything was going fine until I got to a part where you enter a house and a shadow of a boy runs out of the house. Then my Wii Remote stopped working and my pointer wouldn't show on the screen or anything. Then I updated IOS249 to version 21 (it used to be version 17). Then, the game worked past that part for a short while. The next time I tried to go into a house, the screen said 'Loading' at the bottom and it got stuck there. So, I am guessing this is a problem with the cIOS.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Since it is a cIOS problem, can anyone who has played Shattered Memories without problems from a USB tell me which cIOS they used, and what version?

Thanks.
You could try installing cIOS249[56]-d2x-v6.wad. You can download the wad for it from modmii and install it with a wad manager. Or you can get the installer from the d2x thread.

Unfortune

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
Ok, I'll try that. I just tried d2x but with the IOS base 57. It had the same 'Loading' freeze as it happened after I updated to the latest official version 21 of IOS249, but I'll try this.
thanks.

Unfortune

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
That's what I thought at first, but then why did I get two different outcomes when I updated the IOS?

With the old version my Wii remote didn't work at that part, with the new cIOS I got stuck at Loading screen when I tried to open a door a little after that part.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It sounds more like a HDD spindown problem. Did you play many other games? Are you sure your HDD does not spin down after a few minutes?

Unfortune

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
It sounds more like a HDD spindown problem. Did you play many other games? Are you sure your HDD does not spin down after a few minutes?

Thanks for replying. No, it definitely isn't, I played the game for hours and it only freezes at that part and game and that part ONLY. I have the game saved up to a few minutes before that part and yes, it only freezes at that part.

anton123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally think it's a bad dump. Maybe that part is doing some funny things or what not. Maybe you should try another copy from a different source (never hurts to).

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Oh, I just love it when people only say that it's a bad dump and that they should redownload redump the game. They always seem to forget that you can verify your "dump" with Wiimms ISO Tools (or some other Backupmanager which I forgot the name of. CLI is more awesome anyway). So, why not try that first, and maybe save some time or an useless topic? Here, I'll even post the command:
wit verify

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Was a dark time