Hacking Sigpatches for Atmosphere (Hekate, fss0, fusee & package3)

Chains

GBAtemp Drifter
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can confirm all the games are working with the latest hekate 0.14.2 patches.

for me some games not working with latest patch like pokemon sword

That specific game did not work for me either, when I did a clean atmo + hekate 0.14.2 patch install.
I got it working by copying exefs_patches/es_patches into the atmosphere folder.

Last edited by Chains,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Can confirm all the games are working with the latest hekate 0.14.2 patches.

That specific game did not work for me either, when I did a clean atmo + hekate 0.14.2 patch install.
I got it working by copying exefs_patches/es_patches into the atmosphere folder.
Interesting.
So actually copying the IPS patches into those folders does make a difference?
I assume you had the patches.ini file only?

fmjax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fusee_primary.bin needs exefs_patches and kip_patches.
fusee_secondary.bin needs exefs_patches and patches.ini.

I already did some comparisons alongside what the user at the other thread said, and so far it has been narrowed to 29CA1C792CF3AB63 and 987521753F9B8CE9.
The first one is not in IPS format in this pack, while the other seems to have 4 more bytes patched in from the fusee-primary pack.
So we might need to implement the recent/updated changes from those two into the fss0 pack ith patches.ini
Is someone creating patches.ini from scratch? It should be easy to convert working kip_patches to the patches.ini format.

Last edited by fmjax,
Reactions: susi91

fmjax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These fs_patches IPS files have changed between between the fusee_primary patches for 0.14.1 and 0.14.2, but patches.ini for 0.14.2 in this thread does not reflect this. Only a new loader patch has been added.

#FS 10.0.0
[FS:3EEBD9B7BCD1B5E0]
#FS 10.0.0-ExFAT
[FS:817EA2B0B702C1F3]

Edit:
The IPS patches seem to be overwriting a longer pattern. I think they're functionally the same.

Last edited by fmjax,
Reactions: susi91

shivoooooo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Did you try the last option of Initializing the console?
I had that issue before with one specific game that, no matter what I did, it didn't work, while it worked before I updated.
Only after doingthe initialization step it ended up working for.
It's the most extreme of cases, but the only one if you already tried everything else.

I already did some comparisons alongside what the user at the other thread said, and so far it has been narrowed to 29CA1C792CF3AB63 and 987521753F9B8CE9.
The first one is not in IPS format in this pack, while the other seems to have 4 more bytes patched in from the fusee-primary pack.
So we might need to implement the recent/updated changes from those two into the fss0 pack ith patches.ini

Did you try the last option of Initializing the console?

Really, this was the only thing he hadn't done.

I did it. It worked.
Initialize the console and format the microSD.

But install vanilla Atmosphere and Sigpatches for Atmosphere (fusee-primary)

Reactions: ShadowOne333

Ange1333

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guys I am lost, and very confused.

I followed this guide perfectly, and everything that guide goes through works perfect.
switch. homebrew. guide/

But Gamecard Installer and Goldleaf, the two only reasons I wanted to do this, do not work.

Gamecard installer will install the game but never be able to open and always gets corrupted.
Goldleaf does not even install anything and just fails right away (trying to install a .nsp)

All my googling has led me here, to whatever the hell sigpatches are. I copied the data from the download onto my SD and there is no difference, and now I'm stumped.

The payload I'm using is hekate_ctcaer_5.3.2.bin as per the noob guide, could that be the problem?

Any guidance is appreciated, sorry I'm a noob with no knowledge of programming trying to wrap my head around all of this.

Ibcap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The payload I'm using is hekate_ctcaer_5.3.2.bin as per the noob guide, could that be the problem?

Any guidance is appreciated, sorry I'm a noob with no knowledge of programming trying to wrap my head around all of this.
Yes. That is the problem. Youre using an unofficial boot method that doesnt work with normal sigpatches. Youll need to either get the atmosphere payload from atmospheres github to boot, or get the fss0 specific sigpatches from the other sigpatch thread,

edit: just realized this is already the fss0 thread. so probably didnt update to the new patches

Last edited by Ibcap,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys I am lost, and very confused.

I followed this guide perfectly, and everything that guide goes through works perfect.
switch. homebrew. guide/

But Gamecard Installer and Goldleaf, the two only reasons I wanted to do this, do not work.

Gamecard installer will install the game but never be able to open and always gets corrupted.
Goldleaf does not even install anything and just fails right away (trying to install a .nsp)

All my googling has led me here, to whatever the hell sigpatches are. I copied the data from the download onto my SD and there is no difference, and now I'm stumped.

If you are using Hekate to load Fusee-Secondary then use the FSS0/Hekate patches, if you are booting from Fusee-Primary then use the Fusee Signature patches.

FSS0 patches can be found in the opening post.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-to-choose-which-atmosphere-patches-to-use-on-switch-fw-10.563886/

Explanation of booting with Fusee-Primary and using Hekate to boot Fusee-Secondary and explained in the thread above.

Last edited by Hayato213,

capsleepyy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. That is the problem. Youre using an unofficial boot method that doesnt work with normal sigpatches. Youll need to either get the atmosphere payload from atmospheres github to boot, or get the fss0 specific sigpatches from the other sigpatch thread,
fss0 isn't unofficial, if it was then SciresM would've never written the option in the first place. It's just not default, don't be disingenuous.

Ibcap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fss0 isn't unofficial, if it was then SciresM would've never written the option in the first place. It's just not default, don't be disingenuous.
What? SciresM didnt make it and it isnt part of atmosphere. Its part of HEKATE which Scires never made and has no involvement with. anyway i just realized this is already the fss0 thread so probably the issue is they didnt get the new patches i uploaded the other day.

Last edited by Ibcap,

capsleepyy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What? SciresM didnt make it and it isnt part of atmosphere. Its part of HEKATE which Scires never made and has no involvement with. anyway i just realized this is already the fss0 thread so probably the issue is they didnt get the new patches i uploaded the other day.
Scires had direct involvement in its creation, support for it had to specifically be added to Atmosphere and it's an official feature.

Ibcap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scires had direct involvement in its creation, support for it had to specifically be added to Atmosphere and it's an official feature.
Really? Well til then i trust you on that. But base atmosphere cant use it right? You would require outside programs like hekate

Edit: from reading the github it looks like scires specifically allowed people to make alternate boot methods, but he himself was not part of developing fss0 which would be the specific hekate function. Maybe theres more to this that im unaware of, but i wouldnt say that microsoft made a program or that the program is officially part of windows just because windows supports the functions the program uses.

Last edited by Ibcap,

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? Well til then i trust you on that. But base atmosphere cant use it right? You would require outside programs like hekate

Edit: from reading the github it looks like scires specifically allowed people to make alternate boot methods, but he himself was not part of developing fss0 which would be the specific hekate function.
So, how it works is that fusee-secondary has a header that contains information on where the various kips, exosphere, sc7fw/lp0fw, etc are stored in the binary.
This header is specifically intended to allow other bootloaders (ex. Hekate) to pull the kips and all that stuff out of the fusee-secondary binary and boot with them (previously you'd have to manually extract them or compile Atmosphere yourself, throw them on your SD card, and create a config pointing to the individual kips, secmon, etc).
The header had specifically been added by Scires for that purpose.

Last edited by ZachyCatGames,
Reactions: NoxiousNinja

Ibcap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, how it works is that fusee-secondary has a header that contains information on where the various kips, exosphere, sc7fw/lp0fw, etc are stored in the binary.
This header is specifically intended to allow other bootloaders (ex. Hekate) to pull the kips and all that stuff out of the fusee-secondary binary and boot with them (previously you'd have to manually extract them or compile Atmosphere yourself, throw them on your SD card, and create a config pointing to the individual kips, secmon, etc).
The header had specifically been added by Scires for that purpose.
Yes i understand that, scires added support for atmosphere to be booted via other methods. However supporting the ability for devs to develop fss0 is not the same as scires himself making fss0 and its definitely not the same as fss0 being part of atmosphere. I even double checked with pika on this because i was second guessing myself.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes i understand that, scires added support for atmosphere to be booted via other methods. However supporting the ability for devs to develop fss0 is not the same as scires himself making fss0 and its definitely not the same as fss0 being part of atmosphere. I even double checked with pika on this because i was second guessing myself.
fss0 is part a of Atmosphere, and can be used by other developers to more easily boot Atmosphere with other bootloaders. Open fusee secondary in a hex editor and you'll see it right there at the start of the file.
upload_2020-9-9_23-3-54.png

Last edited by ZachyCatGames,

Ibcap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fss0 is part a of Atmosphere, and can be used by other developers to more easily boot Atmosphere with other bootloaders. Open fusee secondary in a hex editor and you'll see it right there at the start of the file.
View attachment 224379
Huh well then, i didnt know that. I stand corrected then. Anyway going back to the initial issue, they probably werent using the new patches for 0.14.2.

Reactions: capsleepyy

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So how are the latest patches by lbcap working for everyone?
Has anyone had issues so far?

I haven't been able to test, much less update anything yet.
I might try to see if I can port the latest modified patches from their IPS form into Hekate's patches.ini form, but I'm not sure what file in particular those IPS patches touch to compare them and get the original values.

Anyone has a clue as to how to do that?

Ange1333

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you are using Hekate to load Fusee-Secondary then use the FSS0/Hekate patches, if you are booting from Fusee-Primary then use the Fusee Signature patches.

FSS0 patches can be found in the opening post.

Explanation of booting with Fusee-Primary and using Hekate to boot Fusee-Secondary and explained in the thread above.

Thank you so much! This was exactly my problem. I just restarted from scratch using fuse-primary and the Sig patches seem to be working for gamecard installer, been too busy to try goldleaf yet but I'm assuming that was the problem for that as well.

Also sorry tad unrelated, after I install with gamecard installer it tells me to update. So I booted the switch without cfw, updated, then launched games in airplane mode (in cfw). Is this right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    some tasks like hacking wii mini consoles
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, You running Windows XP in 2024?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whore yourself out 12 times for $100 and go buy a pc
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got xp but running it off usb only, no way ima keep that
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it gets hacked/corrupted if i just leave it online for an hour
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month...