Hacking Sigpatches for Atmosphere (Hekate, fss0, fusee & package3)

FocusedWiiWarrior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's literally no benefits updating at this point, gonna wait for a more substantial update. Thanks for posting the patches by the way, I know stuff like that makes shitendo seethe.

• Haha
Reactions: Mike_77712

eagle_RRA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anguilla
Hello. Need some help.

My switch's firmware is 16.0.3 and Atmosphere's v1.5.4. After this, some games like Mario Odyssey, Luigi Mansion, Persona 5, Zelda Breath the Wind not working.
Reinstalled those games, so only Persona 5, Luigi Mansion and Zelda Breath the Wind keep not working (the software was closed because an error occurred). Just these games.

Help please, I dont know how fix.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Hello. Need some help.

My switch's firmware is 16.0.3 and Atmosphere's v1.5.4. After this, some games like Mario Odyssey, Luigi Mansion, Persona 5, Zelda Breath the Wind not working.
Reinstalled those games, so only Persona 5, Luigi Mansion and Zelda Breath the Wind keep not working (the software was closed because an error occurred). Just these games.

You should have the following:

Atmosphere loader patches:
Run installed XCI games.
Run NRO forwarders.

ES patches are required to:
Run installed NSP files.

FS patches are required to:
Run installed XCI games.
Run NRO forwarders.

If you can run some installed NSP games, your ES patches are fine. If you can run some installed XCi game or NRO forwarders - FS and Loader patches are fine.

If you can run some installed NSP but not others - the game is corrupted and you should reinstall, either that of you have an issue with your memory card, or are using game patches or ips files that are casuing a crash.

Redownload AtmosphereNX - remove the Atmosphere folder and all it's contents from your SD card and do a fresh install from the file you downloaded, Use the patches from in the first post of this thread, if that doesn't work - try reinstalling the games, if that still doesn't work - try a new sd card.

When you re-install your games, use DBI installer or Tinwoo.
https://github.com/mrdude2478/TinWoo/releases

Last edited by mrdude,

eagle_RRA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anguilla
You should have the following:

Atmosphere loader patches:
Run installed XCI games.
Run NRO forwarders.

ES patches are required to:
Run installed NSP files.

FS patches are required to:
Run installed XCI games.
Run NRO forwarders.

If you can run some installed NSP games, your ES patches are fine. If you can run some installed XCi game or NRO forwarders - FS and Loader patches are fine.

If you can run some installed NSP but not others - the game is corrupted and you should reinstall, either that of you have an issue with your memory card, or are using game patches or ips files that are casuing a crash.

Redownload AtmosphereNX - remove the Atmosphere folder and all it's contents from your SD card and do a fresh install from the file you downloaded, Use the patches from in the first post of this thread, if that doesn't work - try reinstalling the games, if that still doesn't work - try a new sd card.

I check 2 games:

Luigi was with corrupted files, so I am trying reinstall with just the base game, so I will check again. Maybe the update is crashing the game.

I check Zelda for erros and no errors. I dont know what is happening.

Persona 5 reinstalling now.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I check 2 games:

Luigi was with corrupted files, so I am trying reinstall with just the base game, so I will check again. Maybe the update is crashing the game.

I check Zelda for erros and no errors. I dont know what is happening.

Persona 5 reinstalling now.
Well if your games are being corrupted - it could be down to your SDCard format choice, EXfat is not a great file system and can often cause corruption, especially when you install games with a huge amount of files, such as zelda - FAT32 is a better choice for formatting the SD card and is far less likely to become corrupt as it always has a backup file allocation table in the even one is corrupted.

https://www.minitool.com/lib/extended-file-allocation-table.html

The Cons of exFAT
exFAT lacks the support of journaling (in fact, to some extent it is not a disadvantage, and we will explain the reasons in the next part). The journaling feature allows the file system to keep records of the changes made to the files stored on it. This is useful when data corruption occurs because the logs can be used to recover corrupted data.

exFAT does not have this feature, which means that data can be more susceptible to corruption in the event of an unexpected shutdown or the inability to safely eject a removable drive formatted in this way.

Its file allocation tables and file allocations themselves do not support multi-user environments and are susceptible to large file fragmentation. Few other file systems have this issue.

Reactions: eagle_RRA

eagle_RRA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anguilla
Bem, se seus jogos estão sendo corrompidos - pode ser devido à sua escolha de formato SDCard, EXfat não é um ótimo sistema de arquivos e muitas vezes pode causar corrupção, especialmente quando você instala jogos com uma grande quantidade de arquivos, como zelda - FAT32 é um melhor escolha para formatar o cartão SD e tem muito menos probabilidade de se corromper, pois sempre possui uma tabela de alocação de arquivos de backup, mesmo que esteja corrompida.

I will test this. As I only have one card, I'm going to buy another one to test and format it in FAT 32. Thank you.

9x0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I am on 16.0.3 and AMS 1.5.3|E running on emuMMC. Attempting to launch a NSP that was installed with DBI.

I am trying to keep the switch completely offline and unsure what sigpatches need to be installed. Do I just need to download 1.5.4 zip at the beginning of this thread and drag contents into root of SD card?
Post automatically merged:

Figure it out. I ended up finding the older version posted on a later post in this thread, then just dragged all contents of the zip into correct folders then reinstalled .NSP and it worked!

Last edited by 9x0,
Reactions: impeeza

eagle_RRA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anguilla
Hello. Need some help.

SOLVED! With DBI installation...

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
For Future auto sig patching - check this new homebrew by TotalJustice:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/sys-patch-sysmod-that-patches-on-boot.633517/

This is a great new homebrew which automates future sig patching, with no need for keys and firmware decrypting or manually needing to create a new patch for every Atmosphere release.
That's really cool, I wasn't aware of it.
I'll go ahead and add a mention to this in the OP.
It'd be nice if there was some sort of app which did something similar for dumping keys too :tpi:

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
That's really cool, I wasn't aware of it.
I'll go ahead and add a mention to this in the OP.
It'd be nice if there was some sort of app which did something similar for dumping keys too :tpi:
It's just new, that's why you weren't aware of it. I got to test it early and I have got to say that it's an impressive bit of software and it's so tiny. This should make a lot of people's lives a lot easier now so they should get the correct patches depending on their firmware and Atmosphere version.

TotalJustice did a great job with this one, so hat's off to him for that, personally I think this is front page worthy news.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's just new, that's why you weren't aware of it. I got to test it early and I have got to say that it's an impressive bit of software and it's so tiny. This should make a lot of people's lives a lot easier now so they should get the correct patches depending on their firmware and Atmosphere version.

TotalJustice did a great job with this one, so hat's off to him for that, personally I think this is front page worthy news.
Hands down is a very impressive software, no doubt.
I was gonna ask if it also patches Loader, since I didn't see it mentioned in the OP, but then I realized ldr is loader abbreviated lol
I'll check on making it front news.

Tyvar1

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

any_human

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I am on 16.0.3 and AMS 1.5.3|E running on emuMMC. Attempting to launch a NSP that was installed with DBI.

I am trying to keep the switch completely offline and unsure what sigpatches need to be installed. Do I just need to download 1.5.4 zip at the beginning of this thread and drag contents into root of SD card?
Post automatically merged:

Figure it out. I ended up finding the older version posted on a later post in this thread, then just dragged all contents of the zip into correct folders then reinstalled .NSP and it worked!
Where did you find the older folder? I'm also using 16.0.3 AMS 1.5.3 and can't find the older one;_;

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: