Question Signature requirements?

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by Zazaaji, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Zazaaji
    OP

Zazaaji Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2019
    Finland
    Technically USA, but originally Finland
    Hello everyone. I am new here, and am trying to use this image that I made for my signature: i.imgur[.]com/XgsPrzA.jpg . I am wondering why it isn't working. I couldn't find anything in the rules stating you need a certain post count, level, rank, or anything before you can use one, so any help would be appreciated. :)
    EDIT: For clarity - When I "Preview" my signature, it looks absolutely fine. After saving it though, it's as if I never edited it, and it's just gone.

Last edited by Zazaaji, Feb 22, 2019
  2. shaunj66

shaunj66 Administrator

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    United Kingdom
    South England
    Go here and copy and paste the below code in the signature box and hit Save Changes.

Code:
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/XgsPrzA.jpg[/img]

3. Zazaaji
    OP

Zazaaji Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2019
    Finland
    Yup, that's exactly what I do. I'm very familiar with forums and bbcode, so it was the first thing I tried. It's still just not showing up for some reason.

4. shaunj66

shaunj66 Administrator

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    United Kingdom
    South England
    It looks like the signature function may adhere to the same rules for newcomers as posts in that you can't hotlink an image until you have a minimum of 10 posts. You can have a text based signature but not an image.

Zazaaji likes this.
  5. Zazaaji
    OP

Zazaaji Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2019
    Finland
    Gotcha, and that makes sense. Thanks for replying. :yayswitch:

shaunj66 likes this.
  6. Zazaaji
    OP

Zazaaji Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2019
    Finland
    Just confirming that you were correct in your presumption. Thanks again for letting me know. ^_^

shaunj66 likes this.
  7. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

GBAtemp Patron
    Quantumcat is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    @Zazaaji you might be able to have an image if you upload it to the site by attaching it to one of your posts, and making a note of the number (eg click add thumbnail to post, turn off auto formatting so you can see the bbcode, and copy the number), then use https:// gbatemp. net/attachments/number without the spaces