Homebrew SigHax Updates and Discussion Thread

mario-lucis-caelum

Trophies
XP
Country
Curious, but what's your luma settings for B9S? I just have "Show NAND or user string in System Settings enabled".

I'm asking because iirc with A9lh the guide tells you to enable 3 things

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Curious, but what's your luma settings for B9S? I just have "Show NAND or user string in System Settings enabled".

I'm asking because iirc with A9lh the guide tells you to enable 3 things

Review the luma guide to see descriptions of all the options and decide what you need or fits what your luma usage.

Disco

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I have enabled the option for other region games and also higher cpu clock + cache for older games that don't tak advantage of N3DSs updated HW.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so the roundup thread says "This opens many doors for homebrew developers, and the scene in general."

but does it really?
like, i'm not expecting someone to manage to make a system menu that's not just worse than the original.
homebrews will stay the same.
retroarch will still be crashing left and right.

i guess if anyone wants to force windows 95 onto this for some reason, maybe that'll be easier now, but i don't expect the average joe to gain anything of value from this.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
We can now unbrick a 3DS system without having a Nand backup?
In theory yes, but we're not just there yet since no one have made a complete restore package or tool. It's still recommended that you do nand backups with our without boot9strap "fix" for NAND.

Public Sighax (vul) is still new so it's completely understandable that not everything have came out yet.

Reactions: Teun1

ken95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
so the roundup thread says "This opens many doors for homebrew developers, and the scene in general."

but does it really?
like, i'm not expecting someone to manage to make a system menu that's not just worse than the original.
homebrews will stay the same.
retroarch will still be crashing left and right.

i guess if anyone wants to force windows 95 onto this for some reason, maybe that'll be easier now, but i don't expect the average joe to gain anything of value from this.
Well yes it does. Like every firmware (and in the future) can be hacked unless Nintendo does a hardware revision that wouldnt allow sighax to install (the N2DSXL for example).

fortedsx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is the 3DS permanently open to hack? Or was a new exploit found again in 11.4 and it's only a matter of time until Nintendo patches this as well?

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And people still have a problem understanding the advantage of sighax.
personally its more just because I don't like the idea of "improving just for the sake of being told to, despite consideration for your current situation." It kinda goes back to hearing those stories about things like people being nagged to update windows (10), just to find out their programs no longer work on it, and they now have to re-purchase the new version, despite the current one working just fine and not needing any kind of update in the first place. (thats just my kind of mentality in general.) I just find it inefficient if you don't have a need to update to that newest version, or to switch from A9LH to b9s when A9LH is already on a 3ds and serves all the functions it needs it to. Plus, that's not to say that I won't switch from one to the other, its more of a "i will switch when its actually necessary and not just 'for the sake of switching' (which is what it feels like)"

Reactions: N1N

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
So is the 3DS permanently open to hack? Or was a new exploit found again in 11.4 and it's only a matter of time until Nintendo patches this as well?
Exploits found in games etc. can be patched.

But if someone manage to make that DS card. It can't be patched.

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The thing is tho that hardmods/dsiware methods will be un-patchable, so Ninty can't do anything about that. In 11.4 they blocked NFIRM downgrade, but now they can never lock us out that way since b9 installer goes directly into NAND.

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
firmware.bin is for firmware spoofing used for old NTR. No longer needed. pin.bin is probably where your pin code stuff is store.
Ah coolio.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't mean me personally, but a lot of people aren't going to dive right into this until they can be assured that it's failproof/safe/et al. Hardmodders account for only a fraction of the base.
a 1% chance of failure is about as low as you dying literally right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol