Homebrew SigHax Updates and Discussion Thread

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iirc 11.4 completely broke rxtools for good. So everyone still using rxtools started posting threads about being unable to boot emuNAND and "Please help I think I bricked emuNAND"
Even though the community has been saying for months that rxTools was a dead project and a firmware update could easily wreck rxTools.
So many threads where the end result was just "Upgrade to a recent CFW like luma"
And now with luma also dropping a9lh/menuhax support, those who still use menuhax and a9lh will eventually see a day where luma stops working for them as well and will be forced to go the B9S route.
There are people already panicking running LumaUpdater on a9lh and getting errors and freaking out.

ArtemisM

Kupo for Kupo Nuts
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not usually one to interject like this, but killing off legacy Luma support so soon was quite a retarded decision on the author's part. This new method isn't even near firmly established enough to warrant cutting off support for a9lh at the very least. Menuhax yeah I kinda get it, but beyond that, bad call.

Last edited by ArtemisM,
Reactions: N1N and Quantumcat

HugaTheFox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not usually one to interject like this, but killing off legacy Luma support so soon was quite a retarded decision on the author's part. This new method isn't even near firmly established enough to warrant cutting off support for a9lh at the very least. Menuhax yeah I kinda get it, but beyond that, bad call.
I think only having Luma on B9S is nice. Saves space for them and Alex.

Plailect

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's a 5 minute update process. I can't see any reason you wouldn't switch.

ArtemisM

Kupo for Kupo Nuts
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't mean me personally, but a lot of people aren't going to dive right into this until they can be assured that it's failproof/safe/et al. Hardmodders account for only a fraction of the base.

HugaTheFox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Pretty much most people. I don't know why. I was fast to install it. (Thankfully Sighax.com didn't work so I didn't brick.) Although I was stupid and forgot the firm payloads. Also, if I make Luma3ds the firm to install instead the firms that redirect to the sd, will I brick?

Us with Nintendo OFW: I WANT TO BREAK FREE

Sighax = ITS A KIND OF MAJIC

Yes Queen.

Last edited by HugaTheFox,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

It's pretty hard to mess up. Same rules apply as when installing A9LH.. Follow the steps exactly. Don't take shortcuts. Make sure your hardware is in decent working order (sdcards mainly)... There's no reason not to aside from skepticism. I haven't seen a brick that's the fault of the application/installer. At least for B9S that is. The sighax installer seems to have some sort of issue...

HugaTheFox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luma3DS is open source. Anyone is free to fork it and provide a9lh version if they so desire. Having only B9S version makes things easier for everyone. None of the fractured RxTools, Menuhax, etc. business.
I would, but I can't even compile and that this computer is my mothers. ( I am a minor)

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I've heard it would be too much work to continue both the brahma payload version (.bin) and the current sighax .firm payloads simultaniously. And with B9S literally being even easier than a9lh to install, there really is no reason to not install b9s if you want cfw. You either are already on a9lh which is literally upgradable to d9s in just 5 minutes, or you don't already have a9lh and thus you'll be going straight to b9s anyway.

Reactions: OrGoN3

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
If i update to B9S can i keep using my Emunand?
Can i keep my sysnand version to 9.2 after B9S install or i have to go to 11.4?

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I've heard it would be too much work to continue both the brahma payload version (.bin) and the current sighax .firm payloads simultaniously. And with B9S literally being even easier than a9lh to install, there really is no reason to not install b9s if you want cfw. You either are already on a9lh which is literally upgradable to d9s in just 5 minutes, or you don't already have a9lh and thus you'll be going straight to b9s anyway.

....AND DSiWare method is back on 11.4 for B9S. So all new CFW folks will be B9S.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
....AND DSiWare method is back on 11.4 for B9S. So all new CFW folks will be B9S.
meh. DSiWare requires having an already hacked 3ds. What does interest me more is ntrboothax coming SoonTM. With that you won't need another 3ds and you won't need to hardmod. Just buy a compatible DS flashcart (if you don't already have one) and then use that.

Reactions: OrGoN3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up