Homebrew SigHax Updates and Discussion Thread

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it fine to remove the boot9strap folder and it's contents after installing? Or are those necessary files?
I ask because there was no list of required folders in the updating from a9lh to sighax part of the guide.

Yes it is. I tried it myself in O3DS and N3DS. My recommendation to know if you need a file or not in your SD card -if you are not sure about its usage- is to copy it to your desktop and remove it from your SD card. If you start your 3DS and everything works fine (3DS games, VC, DS games/cartridge, GBA games) then you don't need it. If it doesn't work then you need it. Enjoy!

EDIT: @addi33, as you are the OP, just telling you that Nintendolife and nintendoeverything haven't posted anything about Boot9strap/Sighax. It is a bit strange as they shared info regarding other exploits. This means this one is BIG! :D

Last edited by Bullseye,
Reactions: hurrz

Salfay

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I post this message just to thank you the devs :)
Now, my little brother will never be able to uninstall the hack again xD !

Reactions: hurrz

ithilelda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
If I understand the slides from SciresM correctly, sighax is an exploit in the boot9 checksum parser that lets people bypass the signature check at booting stage. Any firmware with sighax will bypass the check and thus be loaded successfully. B9S utilizes sighax to make its firmware "valid", and that firmware uses NDMA exploit to run some code that then loads an payload (like CFWs). The payload should have bootrom privilege right? How does it benefit CFWs from a player's view?

ZhafuanZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Can someone help me with boot9strap installation? This is the error i keep getting:

ghpR73W.jpg

Last edited by ZhafuanZ,

Plailect

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I understand the slides from SciresM correctly, sighax is an exploit in the boot9 checksum parser that lets people bypass the signature check at booting stage. Any firmware with sighax will bypass the check and thus be loaded successfully. B9S utilizes sighax to make its firmware "valid", and that firmware uses NDMA exploit to run some code that then loads an payload (like CFWs). The payload should have bootrom privilege right? How does it benefit CFWs from a player's view?
That's pretty much the gist of it. This is a much cleaner environment for developers, and additionally allows any user to dump Boot9 and their OTP on any version (allowing for title decryption on a PC and the death of xorpads). Additionally, boot9strap is installable on any version with just a hardmod (or dsiware).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated