Homebrew SigHax Updates and Discussion Thread

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Can someone tell the benefits or disadvantages of A9LH and sighax compared to each other. E.G can any of them be patched or make the console unusable in case someone make something fool

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, regarding derrek's installer: It's intended for developers, basically. The reason Boot9strap has those rigorous safety checks is so the little kids in this scene don't brick their system. Neither derrek's sighax installer nor Boot9strap are superior - they just target different audiences is all. A developer ain't gonna use boot9strap, and a kid shouldn't be using Derrek's installer.
From how I understand it, Derrek's variant of SigHax can't dump boot9, boot11 or OTP like boot9strap. So why would boot9strap not be the one intended for devs?

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why did they change the implementation method from derrek - NAND to Boot9strap - SD/CTRNAND? If i understood the guide right. Boot9strap is the same as a9lh whereas only a part of the exploit gets installed into the nand/console itself and the payloads excecute separately via sd/ctr nand. Yet derrek's makes a womble jumble of exploit+payloads (a-la psp infinity cfw "perma" patch)
Because having it launch a payload from CTRNAND is effectively the same thing (everything installed to the console itself) while also allowing you to actually update the payload without reinstalling sighax every time. What if Luma accidentally pushed out an update that didn't work and someone installed it permanently using sighax? Hope they have a hardmod. Without the capability of launching a payload from SD card, you lose the brick protection that A9LH and now B9S give you, since you can always boot GodMode9 from SD and restore a NAND backup.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Because there's people that don't want to install a9lh nor b9s.
Those people would be silly.

A9LH was a somewhat dangerous install, at least at first. Even then, downgrading to 2.1.0 is obviously something that would make some people uncomfortable, even if you're only on 2.1.0 for 5 minutes.

Sighax doesn't require any downgrades, there's nothing risky about installing it using https://3ds.guide/. There's a reason *hax support stayed forever even though A9LH has been out for well over a year, but is now dropped alongside A9LH - there's no excuse to stick with the old stuff anymore.

rodrigues14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
maybe now i can fix my new 3ds in BOOTROM screen with failure
00F800EE FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF 00000000 00000000 - NCSD header in sector 0 is corrupt (failed signature check).

right?

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
maybe now i can fix my new 3ds in BOOTROM screen with failure
00F800EE FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF 00000000 00000000 - NCSD header in sector 0 is corrupt (failed signature check).

right?

With a hardmod or wait until ntrboothax is released assuming you have a compatible ds flash cart (and until it is released nobody knows which ones will be compatible).

Reactions: rodrigues14

rodrigues14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i have dump off my 11.3 fw hardmod installed and it brick on 2.1 with NSCD header changed to Old3ds when i try restore nand after install arm9, i have dump and already try apply the 0x100 sighax on nand dump but same error yet

kenoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Sorry for my noob QUESTION: How do i restore my nand.bin with Sighax/Boot9Strap removed and revert to original unmodded status?

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With a hardmod or wait until ntrboothax is released assuming you have a compatible ds flash cart (and until it is released nobody knows which ones will be compatible).

I think @Apache Thunder said in this thread the AK2i would work because it has a publicly available flashing method or something?

@Apache Thunder do you have any more details? (I love my ak2i and still use it on my 3ds to this day!)

Starboy

Trophies
XP
Country
India
You risk bricking each time you write to the FIRM
This is written in the sighax faq, what does this mean, is it for a9 or b9s

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
I think @Apache Thunder said in this thread the AK2i would work because it has a publicly available flashing method or something?

@Apache Thunder do you have any more details? (I love my ak2i and still use it on my 3ds to this day!)
https://github.com/Normmatt/ntrcardhax
This is the old ntrcardhax for getting code exec on up to 11.3. Afaik he never released the actual flasher part, was trying to get it working as a .3dsx payload. Nice proof of concept for reflashing the cart for alternate purposes though.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You risk bricking each time you write to the FIRM
This is written in the sighax faq, what does this mean, is it for a9 or b9s
That's exactly what it sounds like, and it's for both. Anytime you mess with the NAND you risk a brick; that's just the nature of these types of hacks. Another reason the guide suggests Boot9Strap over Sighax, with the verification checks before it installs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome