Homebrew SigHax Updates and Discussion Thread

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, they even dropped support for a9lh... at least directly
(you can convert the .bin payloads to .firm of course, but well...)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Because there's people that don't want to install a9lh nor b9s.
It's diffivult in a sense that they need to keep an eye of the errors and possible problem that different entrypoints may cause, and that could consume time that the could invest on the main method

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Because there's people that don't want to install a9lh nor b9s.

it's up to you to choose : stay with Luma 7.0.x with your actual hack or upgrade to B9S with Luma 7.1.x

but you should look with AuroraWright's point of view (and all developers in general) : keeping multiple versions of Luma is much harder than focusing on ONE typical setup (Boot9strap) and implies to have multiple consoles with different hacks (how would you debug a custom firmware if you don't have everything to run it ?)

boot9strap/sigHax should be the only hack from now. It's easy and safe with all those security checks, you don't have to downgrade or make anything risky...have trust in you (and all those smart developers, thanks !)

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
This is hilarious
Captura.PNG

Reactions: 20mark

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only bricks so far are from people who use derrick's installer rather than the installer from the guide.

Boot9strap is an open source, community implementation of sighax and is superior to derrick's sighax. Specifically derrick's sighax doesn't have any safety checks and there have been several bricks.

so they're basically the same thing? does it matter if ur on an early a9lh like v1 or can any a9lh system update to boot9strap?

Wander's Hat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help, I followed the tut you guys linked perfectly to step III. After everything was installed fine, and luma was configured, I tried to reboot and hold start but it doesn't bring up the menu anymore, it just boots up.

To verify the install, try holding SELECT to bring up Luma's config menu.
I managed to get GodMode9 working. When you install SigHax, take the SD card out, insert it into your PC and copy GodMode9 from boot9strap to Luma's payloads folder.

Also, regarding derrek's installer: It's intended for developers, basically. The reason Boot9strap has those rigorous safety checks is so the little kids in this scene don't brick their system. Neither derrek's sighax installer nor Boot9strap are superior - they just target different audiences is all. A developer ain't gonna use boot9strap, and a kid shouldn't be using Derrek's installer.

Last edited by Wander's Hat,

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Sighax is the exploit in Nintendo's Boot9 signature parser that allows us to fakesign FIRMs.

Boot9strap is a project by SciresM that utilizes sighax and another exploit (an NDMA overwite) to gain code execution as Boot9. This means that boot9strap, unlike standard sighax, can do stuff like dump the OTP, Boot11, and Boot9.

And with this you can dump the otp and all the other keys regardless of being past 2.1.0-4, correct?

What i don't quite understand yet is what is the point of making it install to the SD. The purpose of sighax was to be able to encrypt/decrypt everything without a 3ds and to make the 3ds permanently hackable. Regardless of future updates as a hardware fault cannot be fixed via software.

Why did they change the implementation method from derrek - NAND to Boot9strap - SD/CTRNAND? If i understood the guide right. Boot9strap is the same as a9lh whereas only a part of the exploit gets installed into the nand/console itself and the payloads excecute separately via sd/ctr nand. Yet derrek's makes a womble jumble of exploit+payloads (a-la psp infinity cfw "perma" patch)

Wander's Hat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What boots up? System, or Godmode9?
I had the same problem as Powerful - we hold START which should load up Luma's chainloader menu, but instead it boots to SysNAND. Holding SELECT loads the config menu.
I worked around it by copying GodMode9.firm to Luma's payloads folder. I assume it's because Luma can't find any Sighax-compatible payloads because no .firm files are in that folder.

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, I see there is an option to still use EmuNAND, right? So I could install it to my 9.2 SysNAND and keep using EmuNAND till I decide to move everything to SysNAND. However I wonder how I can do that without loosing my saves from the 2 GBA games (golden sun) I installed on sysNAND. Maybe I can copy the saves wit JKManager.

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands
I had the same problem as Powerful - we hold START which should load up Luma's chainloader menu, but instead it boots to SysNAND. Holding SELECT loads the config menu.
I worked around it by copying GodMode9.firm to Luma's payloads folder. I assume it's because Luma can't find any Sighax-compatible payloads because no .firm files are in that folder.

You need to have a firm in it indeed.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you can get Luma on a unit with OFW 11.4 with this thing? With the New 2DS coming soon, I figured I'd ask...

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk
You CAN with the DSiWare method but it requires another 3DS running CFW already, and long since gone DSiWare. Granted you can inject a hax save into many compatible games to make it work, but you still need another 3DS that's already hacked; and an injectible DSiWare title you bought legit.

Or it can be installed with a Hardmod. Only options on OFW 11.4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome