Shutting Down/Resetting Problem

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by EpicJungle, Sep 20, 2010.

Sep 20, 2010
  1. EpicJungle
    OP

Member EpicJungle stop browbeating me can't you see i'm sexy

Canada
    So, every time I press the restart button or shut down button from the start menu,
    It goes to that shutting down loading screen thing, and stays that way.

However, if like,
    I just installed a program and it asks me to restart,
    I click "yes" and the computer restarts with no problem.

So how do I prevent the
    shutting down loading screen thing
    from staying that way?

kaythx.

2. EpicJungle
    OP

Member EpicJungle stop browbeating me can't you see i'm sexy

Canada
    *le bump*

Please help [​IMG]

3. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    To me it sounds like either something is failing to terminate (like some system process like system logging or something like that) or the system is just failing to handle the "kill" command to BIOS (kill as in kill power). Unfortunately I don't have any successful experience in dealing with such problems, so I can't give any advice on what to do.

4. boktor666

Member boktor666 Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!

Netherlands
    Late post, but not necro yet!! Dont blame me for being helpfull!

*ahem*

It seems that the shutting down problem is actually crashing. I know this existed, but never had it. However, shutting down manually requires a piece of technology that is to be understood. I'll just explain it simple:

To shut down, You press: Turn off. What then happens, is a serie of events inside the computer that will activate shutting down. This is done by Dll files, the actual gearbox of your computer. They process activating codes.

What they do is giving commands. Those commands are executed by Dll's and a combination of codes know as REG keys or Registery Key's. Shutting down errors may have this problem. Try scanning your Registery for broken keys. A program i reccomend is Tune up utillitie's. A trial can be found at actual site, just use google. Make sure you make a BACKUP first. (Really, do this, and save the backup to hard drive AND external source, such as usb stick). When done, use the registery fix (dunno if it's called that, i got dutch) to see if there is anything that needs to be restored.

If this fails, you can also try to check on your BIOS. Sometimes errors are found there. For more on BIOS, you should google it, as for me, BIOS is a black piece of void for me. PM me if you run into problems, and Good luck!

Peace out [​IMG]