ROM Hack Showerthinking about HANS

YTElias

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hans technically let us run custom romfs(like CTGP-7)
But what about if i dump the pokemon x from a friend and set everything properly and want to start pokemon x with the romfs even when im dont have it
1.Start a game like animal crossing per hans
2.enable custom romfs
3.it loads pokemon x
Is that possible?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hans technically let us run custom romfs(like CTGP-7)
But what about if i dump the pokemon x from a friend and set everything properly and want to start pokemon x with the romfs even when im dont have it
1.Start a game like animal crossing per hans
2.enable custom romfs
3.it loads pokemon x
Is that possible?
No. The entirety of the game is not stored in JUST the RomFS, the files would conflict because they would be trying to redirect to files that don't exist. The structure of the games are entirely different and even if they were the same, the files would not match and just force a crash. HANS reads the RomFS from your SD card yes but the files have to be used by the game it's running to redirect anything. Honestly, as soon as you tried to load a romfs from a game that doesn't use those files it would just say "fuck you" and probably make you restart your console.

I'm curious of your thought process though, why would you think that would work?

YTElias

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No. The entirety of the game is not stored in JUST the RomFS, the files would conflict because they would be trying to redirect to files that don't exist. The structure of the games are entirely different and even if they were the same, the files would not match and just force a crash. HANS reads the RomFS from your SD card yes but the files have to be used by the game it's running to redirect anything. Honestly, as soon as you tried to load a romfs from a game that doesn't use those files it would just say "fuck you" and probably make you restart your console.

I'm curious of your thought process though, why would you think that would work?
I was just curious
maybe it would work
but thanks for the answer after hours

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade...