Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
DeMoN said:
Last Window.

The way the hackers are ignoring it, it might as well be shovelware.
dry.gif

Hell no, it is not! (it is one of my motivators for learning Japanese!)

Also: it will be localized eventually! [edit] http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=254706&hl=

Popin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
xalphax said:
DeMoN said:
Last Window.

dry.gif

Also: it will be localized eventually!
Just like Trace Memory R and Disaster was localized in NA too, eh?
frown.gif

xalphax

Internet killed the Ponystar.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
Popin said:
xalphax said:
DeMoN said:
Last Window.

dry.gif

Also: it will be localized eventually!
Just like Trace Memory R and Disaster was localized in NA too, eh?
frown.gif

Point taken.

But you can get the euro version, the DS is region free and you can play it in English!

Anne Noise

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
Animal Crossing: Wild World has a shovel in it, and you can wear different clothes.

Therefore, I deduce that it is ShovelWare.

ShovelWear, duh. Just make a pattern of a Shovel.

I liked that Ninja tower defense game, did that count as shovelware? I don't even remember who made it or what the game was called.

Edit: Ninjatown was the name. Quite a bit of fun.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Anne Noise said:
Edit: Ninjatown was the name. Quite a bit of fun.

Yes, Ninjatown was as good as Tower Defense games go. It is just a run-of-the-mill tower defense game, but a very good one at that.

I wouldn't consider Ninjatown shovelware at all, really. It managed to garner overall favorable reviews, after all. And I have yet to find a better game of its genre for the system!

Anne Noise

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
Contact DS.

I can't believe how many people think its crap.

Huh.

Contact was shovelware? I don't know if I'm misinterpreting shovelware, but that felt like such a labor of love!

That being said, I love the shit out of Contact. Great style, lots of fun.

geoflcl said:
QUOTE(Anne Noise @ Oct 19 2010, 06:53 PM) Edit: Ninjatown was the name. Quite a bit of fun.

Yes, Ninjatown was as good as Tower Defense games go. It is just a run-of-the-mill tower defense game, but a very good one at that.

I wouldn't consider Ninjatown shovelware at all, really. It managed to garner overall favorable reviews, after all. And I have yet to find a better game of its genre for the system!

Desktop Tower Defense was arguably better - or at least deeper - but I think I had more fun with Ninjatown, whereas DTD was more of an exercise in self-flagellation to complete fun and weird challenges. "ARGH, THAT ONE STUPID GUY GOT THROUGH RRRRRGH."

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anne Noise said:
Slyakin said:
Contact DS.

Huh.

Contact was shovelware? I don't know if I'm misinterpreting shovelware, but that felt like such a labor of love!

Contact was awesome. It was made by Grasshopper (same guys behind No More Heroes, Killer7, etc) and it had an awesome vibe to it. Sorta modeled art-wise off of Mother (ironically Mother 3 was released the same week as Contact) but had a pretty nice ARPG system. It's a game tons of people will pass off as not worth the time but it's actually a lot of fun.

Um, I don't know. I've become suckered by most anything that has puzzle/RPG aspects. Puzzle Chronicles was kinda a cash-in on the idea of puzzle games meet RPG games but it was still somewhat enjoyable outside of the emphasis on a terrible plot and some slow sectors.

Anne Noise

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Anne Noise said:
Slyakin said:
Contact DS.

Huh.

Contact was awesome. It was made by Grasshopper (same guys behind No More Heroes, Killer7, etc) and it had an awesome vibe to it. Sorta modeled art-wise off of Mother (ironically Mother 3 was released the same week as Contact) but had a pretty nice ARPG system. It's a game tons of people will pass off as not worth the time but it's actually a lot of fun.

Um, I don't know. I've become suckered by most anything that has puzzle/RPG aspects. Puzzle Chronicles was kinda a cash-in on the idea of puzzle games meet RPG games but it was still somewhat enjoyable outside of the emphasis on a terrible plot and some slow sectors.

The initial visual relationship to Mother 3 was what caught my eye for Contact. Mother 2 remains my favorite game of all time, and Contact is one of the games I was sure to buy to support. I get why people wouldn't like it, since the combat system was kind of... unique? Simple?

Puzzle Chronicles sucked me in because I loved Puzzle Quest, but it was far too unpolished to keep my attention, at all.

NinjaMic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
geoflcl said:
I just recently found Giana Sisters DS at a flea market, a title that pleasantly surprised me. It's a very good game, despite it being under the radar for quite some time now. I wouldn't call it shovelware at all, but one of the best budget DS titles money can buy.

It's a remake/remix of that old Commodore 64 Mario Bros. rip-off, only less rip-offy, and just plain better in every respect. The levels are varied, the controls are perfect, and there's tons of platform goodness to be had. I recommend it wholeheartedly!
Discovered this last week myself

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GeekyGuy said:
Gaydrian said:
Garfield 2 DS.

No idea why but I played it until the end.

If it's the Shin'en one, then yeah, same here. I think it's just hard not to appreciate their tech.
No it was the one based on the movie. It was nothing special, hell it was boring in places but I finished it for some reason. Now I would just put a minute into it and give up.

Can't say I rate Shin'en as high as most people do. The level design in their games were just too generic though Art of Balance was really good.

ecko

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
holiday-monster said:
here comes a question that can be considered a little noooobish....
whats a shovelware?
yaynds.gif
shovelware are games made by developers that think quantity is better then quality.
the imagine line of games is a perfect example of this

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNY4DFhf6xM