Hacking Should we update now before its too late?

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I have a few questions.

1. Is there any reasons to use EmuNAND besides eshop access and classic mode for retail carts?
Streetpass Relays?

2. If a new firmware comes out, won't the eshop detect your EmuNAND is on an old firmware and try to force you to update before you can access it anyway?
Yes

I am just very paranoid about accidentally updating my SysNAND. I don't have the soldering experience to restore it if it messes up.

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if you just want to play game backups, there isn't really a need for EmuNAND? I think skip using it for now, thanks.

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not too worried about EmuNAND being blocked to be honest. Not much Nintendo can do about the fact that they left a hole in 4.5. Using that hole gateway team can patch basically anything. Nintendo hasn't really shown to be doing all that much to stop piracy of 3DS games. They didn't even put any anti piracy measures in their top title of the year...

dc0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you just want to play game backups of games which require firmware < 5.0.

So, if emunand is blocked and unupdateable, how will we play games that require a fw such as 6.2 and above? I know the gateway can spoof the firmware but if the games are relying on features from a higher than 5.0 sdk then surely they won't work with just a simple fw spoof?

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you just want to play game backups of games which require firmware < 5.0.

Wait... isn't Zelda:LBW built on the 5.X SDK? I can play it just fine with my 4.4 Firmware without using EmuNAND and just regular Gateway mode. The patches are built in with the exploit I believe.

mznova

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible for someone to save/emulate the update data nintendo sends out so that we can set up a proxy at home and update our firmware manually in the future if necessary? Also, has anyone thought about doing this and spoofing an older firmware?

MadButch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a few questions.

1. Is there any reasons to use EmuNAND besides eshop access and classic mode for retail carts?

2. If a new firmware comes out, won't the eshop detect your EmuNAND is on an old firmware and try to force you to update before you can access it anyway?

I am just very paranoid about accidentally updating my SysNAND. I don't have the soldering experience to restore it if it messes up.

1. It seems to work better in regards to save issues and white line hang ups (again, for some people, not all).
2. Yes, but this is what you want anyways (you want your emunand to be the latest firmware).

And if you setup your internet connection in emunand and then delete the internet connection in sysnand, it's almost impossible to update your sysnand by accident.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Wait... isn't Zelda:LBW built on the 5.X SDK? I can play it just fine with my 4.4 Firmware without using EmuNAND and just regular Gateway mode. The patches are built in with the exploit I believe.
For now game compatibility is the same on sysNAND and emuNAND but that might change in the future

dagro

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible for someone to save/emulate the update data nintendo sends out so that we can set up a proxy at home and update our firmware manually in the future if necessary? Also, has anyone thought about doing this and spoofing an older firmware?
I am not sure how your 3DS is communicating with Nintendo but if someone who has Hardware Flashing setup could attempt and help in finding out. If you can find out how Nintendo sends your 3DS a list of what needs to be downloaded you can maybe edit the list before it reaches your 3DS so it only receives part of it. From what I know i you are on lets say 4.5 and latest is 6.3 your 3DS would download all the contents in between. Here is a list containing the specific files associated with firmware version: http://yls8.mtheall.com/reports.php
Once you have the file name like "0004001000026800" you can easily get it from Nintendos update server.

This is just guessing I don't know anything of how 3DS update work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol