Hacking Should we support Gateway? (Post made by a MC user)

Master X

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bricking code has always been a problem and always impacted legitimate users every time it's been used.
Or look at Sony Music CD's with their embedded secret blind installing hidden anti piracy rootkit that would delete media from your PC, disable your burning hardware and bluescreen/reboot your computer just because you tried to look at a photo you took or tried to burn a report for work to a cd.
To speak of Gateway specifically. One of the fundamental dick-move problems is that they are breaking the end user's equipment, and that doesn't hurt the clone's all that much, not as as much as it does the user. If they can hide console bricking code in there, why not have it corrupt the clone's sd cards instead, or go into a locked loop and just not run. Why exactly is the intent to destroy the end user's console. Know how that reads; "How dare you buy someone's else device. It's all about US, WE should be the ones getting your money. There, broke your console. How do you like that!" And that's BS. Their problem should be with the clones using their code, not the end users.

Link to full post - http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_fo...future-of-bricking-code?p=1670874#post1670874

This post is one of the best explainations for why we shouldn't be supporting Gateways actions.

He's saying what a lot of us are thinking, and more. For the majority of users who don't support Gateways actions, he's said the thoughts that we haven't been able to put to words.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another GW thread, really?

These threads are getting old, everybody's already said what they want to it the other one dozen threads.

How about you support who you want, and I'll support who I want, and we can call it even.

andibad

Soon™
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
... another GW thread ? omg last week is brick thread ...

please don't make a new thread ._.

and i have question to you, you will support clone team? or support nintendo ? or support pirate? or support huntereb or uhm and dezmen ?

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... another GW thread ? omg last week is brick thread ...

please don't make a new thread ._.

and i have question to you, you will support clone team? or support nintendo ? or support pirate? or support huntereb or uhm and dezmen ?

no support team huntereb, at least not while he as that ugly sig

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: