Hacking Should we get a Japanese New 3DS right now?

MaximusVX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well. I read that if I want to go online with US roms on Gateway, I have to get some header files from an actual US cartridge and apply them to a .3ds ROM and then rename them to .3dz. I'm wondering if after I'm in the gateway menu from tapping DS profile, is that part region locked? Can I still use a US rom to dump the game and get the header files or do I have to get a JP game?

Infligo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The .3dz will have the headers already for online play or if you install the .cia you won't need any of that.

MaximusVX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The .3dz will have the headers already.

Okay so, if I'm understanding you correctly, I don't even have to get headers from a US cartridge? I just need to look for a .3dz version of a ROM online? Because my guess was that the header files that I had to get out of the dump were tied to a 3DS account or something.

MaximusVX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The .3dz will have the headers already.

Okay so, if I'm understanding you correctly, I don't even have to get headers from a US cartridge? I just need to look for a .3dz version of a ROM online? Because my guess was that the header files that I had to get out of the dump were tied to a 3DS account or something.

tjexp

Happy New Year!
Trophies
XP
Country
There's premade 3dz online that use public headers but I don't like to use them.
So I dumped my own header from my own cart and use it on every other game

CamelSnus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use the google translate app to translate for you just take a picture of it and itll translate for you. Some games like pokemon do have english as an option in the language selection in the japanese version, it can also be played with other region players.

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Cool, mind answering a few questions? :D

Have you played any US roms online perfectly?
How hard is it to avoid system updates?
About the header thing..When I'm in gateway mode on the 3DS, can I dump a US cartridge to get the header to apply to other US roms, or do I have to use a JP cartridge to get the header?

Am I missing something? The 9.2 update isn't out yet, is it?...

wbsddgg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
but notice the system version .
btw, "I wouldn't mind having both products ",would u mind to make friends with me? Your Beverly Hillbillies ?

Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal
Cool, mind answering a few questions? :D

Have you played any US roms online perfectly?
How hard is it to avoid system updates?
About the header thing..When I'm in gateway mode on the 3DS, can I dump a US cartridge to get the header to apply to other US roms, or do I have to use a JP cartridge to get the header?
About running US roms on the N3DS...... check back in next week. We might have an answer for you by then, if gateway decides to pick up the pace and fulfill that kid's wish of playing with the gateway b4 his sch starts on the 8th of January. If not, check back in on the 18th of January.

ChrisRX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just out of interest, for the US guys out there why even buy a Japanese New3DS?
Surely the Australian version is a much better option seeing as neither are in the US region. Is there a benefit to the JP version over the AUS?

ChrisRX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
visit play-asia and nippon yasan
play-asia stocks both jap and aus while nippon yasan stocks only jap
there's a HUGE price difference

You're right, about £40 difference. I guess I'm just lucky that the AUS version is the same region as the UK. Made the decision a lot easier for me.

BobPwnz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You dont necearilly need to know japanese to actually havethe n3ds functioning. I have one right now and Im pretty fine on it

Reactions: MrJason005

niño de cobre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
ordered my jap new3ds a few days ago. you guys sound like you had to be a cryptologist or something to use a japanese new3ds.
just use google translate or word lens

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk