Hacking Should we get a Japanese New 3DS right now?

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I would.. I stll belive in gateway, i'm just not that hyped how everyone else to get disapointed by some pleople pranks and predicitions xD
if I had money I would get and J New 3Ds ... even if the gateway don't come early, I want to play japanese games, so :B

MaximusVX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ordered my jap new3ds a few days ago. you guys sound like you had to be a cryptologist or something to use a japanese new3ds.
just use google translate or word lens

I'm trying to find an app that will translate Japanese like Word Lens does, but Word Lens doesn't do Japanese. How do you read dialog boxes and stuff(e.g. it bugging you to update)? Do you use Word Lens? Is there a Japanese language option on here that I'm missing?

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to find an app that will translate Japanese like Word Lens does, but Word Lens doesn't do Japanese. How do you read dialog boxes and stuff(e.g. it bugging you to update)? Do you use Word Lens? Is there a Japanese language option on here that I'm missing?

Speak, type, write, or take a picture to translate
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.translate&hl=en

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/google-translate/id414706506?mt=8

Apex

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a N3DSLL, I can speak/read Japanese, so it's not an issue for me, but I've noticed that some games depending on what they are have the option for English text and voices.

A few games that I have that are Japanese region games that have full English are: Pokemon X, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, and Bravely Default: For the Sequel.
That being said, it also depends on the games you're interested in getting. Some games can be played with little problem because they don't really rely on reading such as: Kirby Triple Deluxe, Puyo Puyo Tetris (Except story mode, but it's just flavor text no one asked for or cares about.), and I'd argue Luigi Mansion 2.

Team Rocket Grunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to find out how gateway's region free system will effect local multiplayer before i get a jap n3ds. my friend has a US 3ds with no gateway and I would have a Jap 3ds running US backups. It's my understanding that online will work just fine but what about local multiplayer and streetpass? is that based on the console or the game region?

CamelSnus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to find out how gateway's region free system will effect local multiplayer before i get a jap n3ds. my friend has a US 3ds with no gateway and I would have a Jap 3ds running US backups. It's my understanding that online will work just fine but what about local multiplayer and streetpass? is that based on the console or the game region?

I tried my US 4.4 running gateway with a mario kart 7 rom and I just keep getting communication errors

MaximusVX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This. This is a good question, has anyone experienced this? Local multiplayer, streetpass, and online multiplayer? Is it region based on the console or the ROM?

DSlite2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone experienced this? Local multiplayer, streetpass, and online multiplayer? Is it region based on the console or the ROM?

I just tried to do local download play from my US 3DS XL to my EU N3DS XL and it wouldn't show up on the N3DS XL. Maybe this will be different if you try a US rom in a EU 3DS via Gateway. Maybe then it would work...?

bobtheglob101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This. This is a good question, has anyone experienced this? Local multiplayer, streetpass, and online multiplayer? Is it region based on the console or the ROM?

I can say streetpassing works fine. I've tested it with a US 3DS and just walking around the city, no problem. I'm pretty sure as long as you have the US version of a ROM, you'll be able to do local/online multiplayer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool