Hardware Should I wait to purchase the Switch?

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All consoles on their release have no good games, perhaps one worth playing. This is how it has always been. Having a heavy hitter like zelda at launch is actually not overly the norm. So, if you want to play zelda, I'd say get it. If you're not heavily invested in playing zelda, wait until they have a few more games.

Last edited by osaka35,
Reactions: DrkBeam

Deleted member 408979

Gbatemp amphibian
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
YOU PAY FOR FOOD?! MAN AND I THOUGHT MEXICO WAS FUCKED UP! ARGENTINA IS WORSE!?!?!? What the hell. What the actual hell. What if you're hungry,like havent eaten in days and got no money,whats left? stealing??

Actually most latin american countries are fucked up... The one thats better off is chile,imo (yet again i dont live there...)
Yeah, in Argentina they tax your ass up.
I think it is even worse in Brazil and Uruguay.
I don't know how is it with food in Chile, but sure Electronics are way cheaper/less taxed there.

Anyway, I don't think people have problems to get food, it's only that everything is expensive and a PITA.
I suppose video games are kind of a luxury product there.

D

Deleted-355425

That was the point from the beginning.
And actually, if you want to buy something with a limited release that makes sense.
It could apply to Xenoblade 2.

The guy didnt mean limited editions, if you are buying that shit before the chances are you wont even unwrap it to play it so the point is moot.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I meant Euro English, the chimera language used in most the EU for international bussiness, research and academia.
It is a funny language.
Once in a bussiness meeting regarding a European research project I met a British Professor.
He found this "Euro English" quite amusing, specially because all the other European partners spoke it "fluently" and understood each other quite well. In the other hand he had some problems here and there to decode the language.

PS: Of course this Professor was making fun of "Euro English", he understood it quite well, the only thing is it sounded a little like shit.
PS2: One particular characteristic that is easy to catch in the German variety of Euro English is how people tend to finish some sentences with "or?", e.g. "You think this is ok, or?"

Some interesting observations on Euro English.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,
Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they wanted my business they would have offered a Zelda console bundle.
They will offer one at some point in the future I'm pretty sure, so I'll be waiting for that time.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I meant Euro English, the chimera language used in most the EU for international bussiness, research and academia.
It is a funny language.
Once in a bussiness meeting regarding a European research project I met a British Professor.
He found this "Euro English" quite amusing, specially because all the other European partners spoke it "fluently" and understood each other quite well. In the other hand he had some problems here and there to decode the language.

PS: Of course this Professor was making fun of "Euro English", he understood it quite well, the only thing is it sounded a little like shit.
PS2: One particular characteristic that is easy to catch in the German variety of Euro English is how people tend to finish some sentences with "or?", e.g. "You think this is ok, or?"

Some interesting observations on Euro English.
"Please enter your PIN code" in both 'Standard English' and 'Euro English'? It's usually just PIN.

D

Deleted User

Well it's a gamble. On one hand you can purchase it now and maybe in the future the console will get hacked but only on low firmware and you could play free games. Like it was on the ps3. Ps3 never got hacked above 3.55 firmware. And the first ps3 that was out could also play ps2 games. So who bought ps3 right away and didn't update it can now enjoy all ps1,ps2 and ps3 games without spend a single penny. On the other hand maybe the second revision would be a lot better and also could be hacked on new firmware like on the 3ds.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

MSearles

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they wanted my business they would have offered a Zelda console bundle.
They will offer one at some point in the future I'm pretty sure, so I'll be waiting for that time.

Exactly. Why would they release a console without any included games? So now I have to spend an additional $60 on a game? It's like buying a car with an empty tank of gas.

Last edited by MSearles,

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly. Why would they release a console without any included games? So now I have to spend an additional $60 on a game? It's like buying a car with an empty tank of gas.
In a way you are right. With a packin game and knowing your chosen retailer's return policy you can give it a spin for 14-30 days or so. Return it and be none the poorer. With no packin you sort have to buy a game and those are not returnable at least anywhere I know of. Maybe Costco but they are not carrying Switch.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You can get bundles from Gamestop. Of course a game shouldn't be bundled by default, maybe not everybody wants that game and wants to pay extra for it with their system.

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
This is some advice from Brentalfloss; I suggest most of you take it unless you are die hard for Nintendo Switch + Zelda Breath of the Wild and didn't get a Wii U
This type of advice is always usually correct

I am 70% sure I will wait and not get it at launch, question is whether they will upgrade the dock and make a better version, Nintendo however didn't do that with the Gamecube, Wii or Wii U although this one is a hybrid console, maybe they will make a Switch XL or make a 4K Dock, any thoughts?

Last edited by Miles54321,

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Honestly? Buying a Power Dock isn't a big issue. It's not like a computer where you have to manually transfer everything over and seem to always lose something in the progress. With a Dock you literally just swap out the old one for the new one, and plug the old one into a different TV. Any Switch + Power Dock bundle will end up costing more, enough to make the process different from buying the Switch earlier then upgrading insignificant.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I am 70% sure I will wait and not get it at launch, question is whether they will upgrade the dock and make a better version, Nintendo however didn't do that with the Gamecube, Wii or Wii U although this one is a hybrid console, maybe they will make a Switch XL or make a 4K Dock, any thoughts?
I think an SCD is definitely a possibility, the dock seems to be designed keeping that in mind with open space in the back. It'd be as simple as plugging an enclosed GPU into those three slots and running HDMI/power out the other side.

Doesn't look like they could fit a full GPU back there, but one of those half-sized GTX 1050/GTX 1060 would work. Switch has to sell well first, but there's no doubt it could happen.

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
I think an SCD is definitely a possibility, the dock seems to be designed keeping that in mind with open space in the back. It'd be as simple as plugging an enclosed GPU into those three slots and running HDMI/power out the other side.

Doesn't look like they could fit a full GPU back there, but one of those half-sized GTX 1050/GTX 1060 would work. Switch has to sell well first, but there's no doubt it could happen.

Yeh

Right now its Switch 720p
Dock 900/1080p

In future it could be Dock 4K, I would love Nintendo to put out upgraded Docks, would be so smart of them

S

Saiyan Lusitano

There should be at least demos to download which will definitely be better than (anything is better than 1-2 Switch) the crappy tech-demos of 1-2 Switch. Oh, for the love of god, Nintendo, get rid of the X tries system on demos that's stupid.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
There should be at least demos to download which will definitely be better than (anything is better than 1-2 Switch) the crappy tech-demos of 1-2 Switch. Oh, for the love of god, Nintendo, get rid of the X tries system on demos that's stupid.
Demos without play limits would definitely be nice. There have been a lot more games seeing success from demos lately, so one can hope. Still optimistic on overall pricing and discounts/reward discounts.

Almost a certainty we see a Nintendo Direct or two within 14 days of launch covering VC/eShop at release and a little beyond.

Last edited by Xzi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol looks about as fun as a root canal