Should i switch new Flashcarts?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by hkstyle, Feb 5, 2009.

Feb 5, 2009
  1. hkstyle
    OP

Newcomer hkstyle Member

United States
    Hello I've had my R4 for longer then one year and heard that they stopped updating their software and discontinued selling them. I've read a lot of topics about the other flashcarts and what do people recommend buying. It goes in the order of: CycloDS, Supercard Ds-One, Acekard2, M3 real(itouchDS/sakura) I was wondering if I should purchase a new flashcart or should i just keep my R4? Do you think the games will keep working or maybe a company like square enix will put some obstacles in their games like they did with crystal chronicles? Thanks for your insight.

2. lolzed

Member lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Philippines
    you may buy a new flashcart but i dont see any reason why you should,you could just get ysmenu you know,but still you can change

3. hkstyle
    OP

Newcomer hkstyle Member

United States
    what is the ysmenu? I'll search it up really quick

4. lolzed

Philippines
    it's a homebrew firmware to replace r4 menu,using firmware of ttmenu,you recieve updates then.here is a forum for ysauto:CLICKY or ysmenu to work on r4 CLICKY

5. moodswinger

Member moodswinger GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    Companies will always try to put a stop to piracy in the ds, but the cheat code crew will always makes cheat by passes for piracy measures so that should not be a problem; and besides these piracy measures applies to all flashcarts, not only R4. And if your not bothered about arm7 fixes, go ahead, keep your R4. But if not, go with any of the flashcarts you mentioned, they're all updated from time to time.

6. hkstyle
    OP

Newcomer hkstyle Member

United States
    lolzed- by TT u mean the flashcart DSTT correct?

moodswinger- sorry but what is arm7 fixes?

7. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Acekard2 if you are on a budget, CyclodDS if you're not.

8. lolzed

Philippines
    yes,TT=TTMenu firmware,arm7 is patch if:a game won't work on a flashcart.you patch it with arm7(example on r4)and see if the patched game works,if not,ysmenu/ysauto is your best sol. and yes Acekard2 is a pretty good flashcart

9. moodswinger

Member moodswinger GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    Some roms doesn't work on the R4 since the team is already non-existent but they can be fixed by replacing the arm7 inside the rom.

10. hkstyle
    OP

Newcomer hkstyle Member

United States
    o okay, thanks for the in depth explanation guys. I'll post here if i have more questions later

11. warmijwilfaain

Member warmijwilfaain War Mage MILF

United Kingdom
    From what I've used of all flashcarts, CycloDS and M3 Real are the best and I'd recommend you switch because R4 is outdated (Although I haven't tried YsMenu actually)

CycloDS for the features, although M3 Real is catching up, and M3 Real for the lovely Sakura menu [​IMG]

12. Sethysa

Newcomer Sethysa Newbie

South Africa
    I also have a R4ds. Took me a long time to find a seller in SA. The seller only has DSTT left and I suspect that they are fake so once the R4 firmware becomes out of date I do not know what I will do exept for the arm7 patch. Why couldnt R4 just continue the updates [​IMG]

13. hkstyle
    OP

Newcomer hkstyle Member

United States
    warmijwilfaain - I've read that the itouch can also run the sakura thing and its cheaper then the M3 would that be a better choice?

sethysa- I agree i havent had any problems with the R4 and loved it, it was so simple to use. too bad they had to stop

14. hkstyle
    OP

Newcomer hkstyle Member

United States
    Well i bought a new ds for a family member today and im thinking about getting them a flashcart, I cant decide whether to get a supercard Ds-one or an Acekard 2. the supercard cost a little more then the acekard, which do you think i should get?