Hacking Should I stay on 3.60 or update to 3.65?

720Bit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just got a PS Vita Slim (2000) and it was 3.18 before I updated it to 3.60.

I saw that there was some ref00d plugin thing that lets you play higher version games, so should I update to 3.65 or stay on 3.60, what are the differences?

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(no risk of brick dealing with 3.68, and h-encore)

If you have the choice, then, stick with 3.60/3.65 ens0

(ps4 controller, battery removed from controller, the battery plastic connecter is still attached, with the black/red wires cut half way, from where the batter was cut off .............. the black/red wires are connected together to complete the circut)

On 3.60/3.65 firmware with PS4 controller connected with USB and no battery ..... I have to unplug the usb wire at the ps4 controller connection, and plug it back in, then hold the start button and press the PS BUTTON, and the controller will connect. (same one time plug and unplug for retropie) (sometimes the ps4 will identifiy without plug/unplug same for 3.60/3.65)

On 3.68 firmware, I have to, unplug-replug, and press PS BUTTON, and, then a second time, unplug-replug, then hold start button and press the PS BUTTON, and the ps4 controller will connect.

(power issues with 3.68 firmware using both official memory card and sd2vita, and some translations not working, are issues fixed with IMCunlock...............still have to unplug/plug the ps4 controller without a internal battery twice though) (if you don't have a choice go to 3.68 firmware)

(since IMCunlock fixed the power issue and game compatibility issues, I was having ................ I may purchase another internal ps4 battery and add it back to my ps4 controller in the future!!!!!!!!!! But for now, the ps4 controller without battery, using usb wire, is much more convient, having not to recharge a battery (and if power issues, the battery charging activity)

(i think I could use a regular "lithium/coin size" battery to fix the address assignment (plug/replug) issue with the ps4 controller, without the internal battery ........... just go too busy with things, when I originally had the idea to fix the issue)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no risk of brick dealing with 3.68, and h-encore
There is also no risk of bricking if you use 3.60 or 3.65.
If you have the choice, then, stick with 3.60/3.65 ens0
Didn't you just say that you prefer 3.68 because "no risk of brick"?
power issues with 3.68 firmware using both official memory card and sd2vita
Why would it have power issues? It's the exact same as having a game and memory card inserted, and that causing power issues would be a huge fault with the console's design. However, here we aren't even using the memory card, so we should be using less power, which wouldn't cause any issues.
some translations not working
Nothing would prevent game mods from working with 1 firmware and not another.
IMCunlock fixed the power issue and game compatibility issues, I was having
How would repartitioning the internal nand chip fix any issues? There is literally no way that any issues would be fixed by running IMCUnlock.

brandon916

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agreed w/ most here. I was in the same position as yourself since 3.60 is fine. Moving up to 3.65 lets you play almost all the games now which is even better plus it's safe. I would spend that time to upgrade. It's worth it.

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Moving up to 3.65 lets you play almost all the games now
Actually, with the release of ref00d, all firmwares can play all games and even generate compatibility packs for them.
I would spend that time to upgrade. It's worth it.
Not really, higher firmwares have no advantage over lower ones after installing iTLS-Enso, ref00d, and rePatch.

lafleche

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I had a 3.60 with just Henkaku (triggered with offline email) so moving to 3.65 enso was the best thing I did last year.
Instant softmodded ps-vita at boot.

After that I replaced NEAR (which is not working at all as S$ny gave up on that) with Vitashell so a memorycard issue will not leave me stranded.

The only thing I don't like is the Enso logo when booting the vita :-)

lafleche

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Try using enso_ex, it has an option to use the original logo.

thanks......perhaps strange but I am 'to afraid' to mess more with my vita then necessary. I would really be so angry on myself if by some stupid unforseen reaction I brick my Vita.
The Enso logo is only there for 1 to 2 seconds so no big deal.

But I will use it on my mate's vita (next weekend)

brandon916

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks......perhaps strange but I am 'to afraid' to mess more with my vita then necessary. I would really be so angry on myself if by some stupid unforseen reaction I brick my Vita.
The Enso logo is only there for 1 to 2 seconds so no big deal.

But I will use it on my mate's vita (next weekend)

Wise words. I'm in the same boat. I hate the logo but no way I'm gonna mess w/ something that is currently stable.

HtheB

Trophies
Website
www.HtheB.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can use this guys:
https://mega.nz/#F!r4BgGYyA!atsNKe99SFNpHxGEU-msMw?TsYigKYD
Boot logo changer for 3.65 Enso

WARNING: DO NOT INSTALL ON ANY OTHER FW! THIS IS ONLY FOR FW3.65 (ENSO)!
Installing on other FW's WILL brick your VITA!

You can revert the original logo back to the PS one.
Done it myself, no harm at all

Just install vpk, open app, select desired option, and you can remove the app again.
Have fun

(ping to: @brandon916 @lafleche )

Last edited by HtheB,
Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1