Hacking Question Should I set up Emunand (SX OS)?

Sweglord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there,
So I haven't touched my switch since I believe SX OS 1.3, also haven't been following on what's been happening in the scene since then. My question now is then, I currently have a new SD card, and dont have SX OS or any files on it right now, plus I think my switch updated from 5.1.0 to 6.0.0 and I never even realized it happened. Should I go through and make an emunand on my switch, or is there no point?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only 2 reasons you would want to setup an EmuNAND is:
  1. You do not want to update your SysNAND's firmware but wish to enjoy the benefits of being on a higher firmware
  2. You want to play online safely in SysNAND
If you aren't interested in either then all TX's EmuNAND does for you is take up up to 15 GB of space in your NAND. But if you are interested, you can follow this tutorial here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-setup-emunand-keep-sysnand-online.520471/

Sweglord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only 2 reasons you would want to setup an EmuNAND is:
  1. You do not want to update your SysNAND's firmware but wish to enjoy the benefits of being on a higher firmware
  2. You want to play online safely in SysNAND
If you aren't interested in either then all TX's EmuNAND does for you is take up up to 15 GB of space in your NAND. But if you are interested, you can follow this tutorial here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-setup-emunand-keep-sysnand-online.520471/
I do somewhat care about playing online safely (usually play splatoon online with friends, thats about it). For that reason, is it worth going through the hassle of creating Emunand, or should I just use airplane mode anytime I decide to boot up SX OS, along with having stealth mode on to play .nps/xci files?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do somewhat care about playing online safely (usually play splatoon online with friends, thats about it). For that reason, is it worth going through the hassle of creating Emunand, or should I just use airplane mode anytime I decide to boot up SX OS, along with having stealth mode on to play .nps/xci files?
That's up to you to decide, not me.

RedHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
With offline xci you should be safe with just being offline with SX cfw but not with nsp because they can see very easily that you didn't bought them in their shop once you connect to the internet.
If you want to use nsp you have to use emunand so you can hide all of your nsp to Nintendo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse