Hardware Should i sell my Zelda 3DS for a XL?

MaartenMx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Straight to the point;

I have a zelda 3ds, in absolute mint condition 100% complete, like i keep eveything like inlay guides, even the sleeve.

But i came across two problems (which the 3ds xl solves)

-The Screens are to small, XL has bigger screens (duh!)
-The bottom screen scratches the top screen apparently? (never had this problem myself)

But not the cons of getting an XL:

-I do not like any of the limited editions XL's, and normal ones are a bit boring to me
-My zelda 3ds looks absolutely gorgeous.

So the thing is now:

Looks vs. Gameplay

EDIT:

Pics

UU0aSgP.jpg

ao2bFfD.jpg

dO6rEHk.jpg

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
I had was in your shoes about 11 months ago.
In the end:
You look on the screen while gaming. As long as the space surrounding the screen is black there really doesn't matter how it looks.
I really loved the visual look of my zelda 3ds though. But after I had the 3ds xl, I only missed it for a short time.
You dont think on it while gaming and when I'm not using it to play game I'm not exactly sitting on a chair looking at it.
Sure the look of the zelda 3ds is something you can brag about but that's prett much it sadly.

Buy a black XL and some zelda decals if you want to =)

Reactions: Rydian

LegendAssassinF

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
If it is in good condition I would sell it. Chances are there will likely be a Zelda XL eventually. I went from the original blue (discontinued now) I was a bit sad because I remember getting it launch day early in the morning with 5 games but after a while I got used to having the Pikachu XL. It was a great change since I got to keep everything I would say if you can get an XL under 170 I would go for it. The Zelda one you should easily get 150-200 alone but with the box in good condition 200+

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
You could keep it and buy the XL if you have enough money?
Otherwise if you're a sucker for a big screen I'd go for the XL.
I personally prefer the XL a lot more, it's more comfortable to hold, the 'sweet spot' is a lot easier to obtain and there's more room on the screen to see and to tap on.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Minor thing that I liked is that the 3DS XL uses non-glossy plastic so it's no longer a fingerprint magnet like my old DS lite was.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
Straight to the point;

I have a zelda 3ds, in absolute mint condition 100% complete, like i keep eveything like inlay guides, even the sleeve.

But i came across two problems (which the 3ds xl solves)

-The Screens are to small, XL has bigger screens (duh!)
-The bottom screen scratches the top screen apparently? (never had this problem myself)

But not the cons of getting an XL:

-I do not like any of the limited editions XL's, and normal ones are a bit boring to me
-My zelda 3ds looks absolutely gorgeous.

So the thing is now:

Looks vs. Gameplay

Keep your eye out on the Zelda: A Link Between Worlds launch later this year, they may release a limited edition 3DS XL to accompany it. FWIW, I think the Fire Emblem 3DS XL is very classy, easily the best of the limited editions available. :)

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a limited edition Zelda 3DS in it's box put away. It was my main console until I got the limited edition pink XL (I just love the different color choice). That being said, I was considering selling it to get the Animal Crossing XL, I like the designs on that.

No immediate plans to sell the Zelda 3DS, but I will wait until the market picks up for it. Collectors will pay more when there are less around. That is my view at least.

Reactions: LegendAssassinF

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Keep your eye out on the Zelda: A Link Between Worlds launch later this year, they may release a limited edition 3DS XL to accompany it. FWIW, I think the Fire Emblem 3DS XL is very classy, easily the best of the limited editions available. :)

That's the same 3DS XL I got! Although I do wonder if the Fire Emblem pack is good value when I can buy a download copy AND a black 3DS for cheaper... BUT IT'S GOT A LOGO ON THE FRONT. One of the very few times when I really mean it when I said, "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY NINTENDO".

MaartenMx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I got a bid of 180 € on my 3ds. But the thing that makes me doubt are experiences in the past. Some time ago i sold my pokemon yellow for a very good price but immidiatly after i realised i could probably never find one in such condition for a good price again. The same is with the zelda 3ds, if i sell it and i really want it back i will have to pay lots more tp get a good one simply becauae most are inconplete :(

MaartenMx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Also, I never play games outside of my home, so wouldn't it be better to just get a WII U? Because there are so many awsome games coming for the wiiu!

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
That's the same 3DS XL I got! Although I do wonder if the Fire Emblem pack is good value when I can buy a download copy AND a black 3DS for cheaper... BUT IT'S GOT A LOGO ON THE FRONT. One of the very few times when I really mean it when I said, "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY NINTENDO".

Yeah, I got mine for £159.99 from GAME during their latest promotion, so I can't complain. Like the OP, I wasn't really a fan of the standard colours they're a bit boring :P.

6yaOp.jpg
Yeah, the Charizard one is nice, but it's not as subtle as the Fire Emblem... uh... emblem you get on that limited edition. I like that it's just a sword and two dragons, that makes it appeal to much more than just Fire Emblem fans. I feel a bit too old to have a Pokemon on my 3DS now, anyway, as much as I do enjoy the games ;).

MaartenMx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, I got mine for £159.99 from GAME during their latest promotion, so I can't complain. Like the OP, I wasn't really a fan of the standard colours they're a bit boring :P.

Yeah, the Charizard one is nice, but it's not as subtle as the Fire Emblem... uh... emblem you get on that limited edition. I like that it's just a sword and two dragons, that makes it appeal to much more than just Fire Emblem fans. I feel a bit too old to have a Pokemon on my 3DS now, anyway, as much as I do enjoy the games ;).

I never play on the go, shouldn't i just go for the WII U? Mario with nice graphics on a very big screen.... Isn't that awsome? :D

And i already saw the FE bundle, i thought if i would buy an XL it would be that one. To bad it costs €205

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
I never play on the go, shouldn't i just go for the WII U? Mario with nice graphics on a very big screen.... Isn't that awsome? :D

And i already saw the FE bundle, i thought if i would buy an XL it would be that one. To bad it costs €205

Don't GAME deliver to your country? They're doing £40 off with the code 3DSXLSAVE across most of them at the minute. Unfortunately, the Animal Crossing one isn't included in that offer though. As much as I love Nintendo consoles, I can't really recommend the Wii U right now.

MaartenMx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Don't GAME deliver to your country? They're doing £40 off with the code 3DSXLSAVE across most of them at the minute. Unfortunately, the Animal Crossing one isn't included in that offer though. As much as I love Nintendo consoles, I can't really recommend the Wii U right now.

nvm, its only like 10-15€ cheaper while i can pick it up today in my store if i want :P

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I would hold on to it at least until the end of the year. With a new Zelda game hitting the 3DS, I have a sneaky feeling we'll get a limited edition Zelda-themed XL (we can only hope!).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :rolleyes: