skomand

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,
I'm waiting for my english G6 to arrive... the guide says not to use the software on the CD and to get it from a website. Is this really good advice?

ugly_rose

Trophies
XP
Country
You basically only need the CD if you use windows 98 so you can get the USB driver but I only know of one person using that operative system, and she upgraded to XP two weeks ago.
tongue.gif

(Meaning you probably don't use windows 98 and thus don't need the CD.)

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes but I think they are stupid. If they are going to sell it then they should update the CD early then a month later or two and we can update it from their site. I do not understand why they sell it with old CD and ask us to not to use it and update it from theirs instead. That's weird, you know.

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
Not everyone has internet access. Therefore the Cd would be necessary to get it working, it should be enough to get you started..

It would cost a fortune to constantly burn CDs then not sell them and have to burn more.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
isn't this like any other product with driver updates? Pretty much a no brainer to hunt down the latest drivers for compatibility...this one even more essential (get you in a good habit as well) since it's necessary to support newer games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."