Gaming Should I play Mass Effect 1 before 2?

Sportsmaniac1322

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The title says it all. Obviously everyone's been asking this question, and I figured there's no better place to ask than here, where most of you have been playing the game already!! So, should I play Mass Effect 1 and deal with all the graphical glitches, or just plunge into Mass Effect 2? Opinions and debates are welcome!!
wink.gif

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You should definately play it. The graphical issues are barely noticable in comparison to the sheer size and quailty of the world that Mass Effect is comprised of. Much of the appeal in this title is seeing how many of the choices you made in the first game influence the story of this one. It is my favourite game at the moment and have put over 150 hours into it and I will be playing it again.

cardyology

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I played ME1 like, 4 times through when it first came out, but i dont have that savegame anymore (fucking bans M$) Reckon its worth playing the first one again before i hit number two?

vjgbatemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm going to play part 1 after 2. 2 has too much hype on it and i'm sure i'll stumble across spoilers if i don't play it first. i'll just play part 1 afterward as the prequel.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No, vj no. You're doing it wrong. It's more then just a prequel.
The choices you made in ME1 effect ME2. As in they can directly impact events you come across.

You will absolutely ruin it for yourself if you play ME2 first. And hell, with the improvements over the gameplay you won't even want to finish ME1. Trust me. Play ME1 first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ