Hacking Should i keep it or not? SEEKING ADVICE!

TORA2009

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, i have a problem and i would like help from you.
I bought an R4 card, everything was like the original one, even the acessories, but i can feel a small hole under the card sticker and the sd symbol on the back doesnt look EXACTLY the same as the photos on the "SEE IF YOUR'S FAKE" threads show.

I downloaded the original 1.18 firmware and its working. Changed themes, tryed a couple games, everything is fine.

What i want to know is, since the R4 is not produced anymore, should i keep this card?
It works with the original firmware so it should work with YSmenu too.
The R4 team wont make new firmwares and the YSmenu wont try to brick my console, so....

Should i keep it?
If not, why?

Many thanks!
smile.gif

hkstyle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well If it still works then it doesnt hurt to keep it. Mines still plays most of the games i throw at it. But you could get another card if you want to. As for me I'm getting a Acekard2 in the mail soon, just because i want to try it out.

TORA2009

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hkstyle said:
well If it still works then it doesnt hurt to keep it. Mines still plays most of the games i throw at it. But you could get another card if you want to. As for me I'm getting a Acekard2 in the mail soon, just because i want to try it out.

So, no problem using a clone card?

hkstyle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TORA2009 said:
hkstyle said:

So, no problem using a clone card?

if its working fine then i guess its no problem, Unless you want to buy another card. Your choice

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i also have a r4 that works just find and dandy (except for the effin spring). though the thing with a clone card is that there's always the possibility that it mite brick ur ds...though if everything is fine so far, it should be good.

TORA2009

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
da_head said:
i also have a r4 that works just find and dandy (except for the effin spring). though the thing with a clone card is that there's always the possibility that it mite brick ur ds...though if everything is fine so far, it should be good.

It might brick my DS? But it is working fine, and if i ever change the firmware i will use YSmenu.
The bricking thing was something the R4 team wanted to create, but they dont exist anymore.

Kamika

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Since the original firmware works on it, it probably is real. The original firmware wouldn't have worked if it was a clone since it's encrypted. And I got mine barely a week ago so I'll continue to use it till none of the games will work. After that I'll probably get a M3 Real if they're still there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Shubshub @ Shubshub: oshit its the real jdbye