Should i go with a another ps3? or just get the E3 flasher?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by romeoondaline, Oct 13, 2011.

1. romeoondaline
    OP

Member romeoondaline GBAtemp Fan

United States
    So as many know today there was the release of E3 flasher http://www.e3-tech.net/. (Although it's not the version i really want because it does not carry the feature of dual booting. I would like to play some of the games like Dark Souls Online, but i would need to have the newest firmware to do that. And that's where the E3 flasher comes in, it lets you dual boot from one ps3. But due to sony's protection i'm not sure what types of firmware updates they would make that may block the E3 flasher in the future. So my question is should buy the real E3 flasher (when it's released) or should i just get another cheap ps3 for online play only?

2. comfaithgenesisr

Member comfaithgenesisr GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    You're probably better with another ps3
    So that you know you will have psn/online on it all plus to save from downgrading all the time
    plus sony probably could ban you but on another ps3 most likely no, just to be sure

1 person likes this.
  3. romeoondaline
    OP

Member romeoondaline GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yeah, i was thinking that too... although its like a price difference of almost 100 bucks..