Should I go for M3DS Real or something else...

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Dark Justice, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Dark Justice
    OP

Newcomer Dark Justice Member

United States
    I am ordering a card on Saturday and after the recent updates of Sakura really sucking, should I still buy an M3 DS Real card or should I buy another card all together.. I know this kind of doesn't make sense since this is the M3 board, but maybe someone can recommend me something different because after the recent updates, I am losing faith in M3.. What should I do? Also, I am wondering on what size Micro SDHC card to get. bigger is better with these things right? I was going to get an 8GB card and hopefully whatever card I buy supports 8GB, unless someone else recommends me something else different. Anyway, I am new so I thank you all for your patience with and for reading this and hopefully giving me some type of answer out of my frustrations.

2. rdurbin

Member rdurbin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    well i have an 8gb and have tons of games on it, and using only like 6.5gb, so i am pretty sure 8gb is fine. Make sure whatever product you pick that it supports SDHC, if not than you can only use 2gb cards. IF your gonna put music/movies you may even want to go to 16gb, especially if you want to add gba games too, athough they are smaller than ds games they can add up if you put tons of them

I use m3real and am fairly happy with it. My sister bought an r4, i helped her setup it up (dont really like the menus compared to sakura). If you have a wii you prob want to get a card with wii connectivity compatability, i believe cyclo has it as does g6 but g6 does not use external memory, unless that has changed (i have an old g6lite, gba cart)

3. Dark Justice
    OP

United States
    Well I don't plan on putting any music or movies on it. I want to use it for gaming only. I think 8GB will be plenty for me. I have maybe only 10-12 GBA games I want to put on it. I however have 255 DS games on my computer to choose from.. That is 13GBs of DS games.. Yeah.. it's alot.. But I will probably just switch out games until I feel have a bunch of games that I like on it. I would buy a 16GB one, but I have no clue where to get one at.

4. Densetsu

Former Staff Densetsu Pubic Ninja

United States
    You can get one here.

5. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    make sure to trim the roms also
    will save abit of room

6. haflore

Member haflore aeternaliter fluxa

United States
    If you using a Lite(which i'll assume you are since you're gonna put gba roms on) I would say go with CycloDS, only catch is it's pretty expensive..So if you don't have the money then yeah go with M3 or the Acekard.

Edit: the other problem is that Cyclo has no DSi support to date.

7. Dark Justice
    OP

United States
    I do have a DS Lite and I just actually bought it so I have no plans on buying a DSi. Also, thanks for the link Densetsu to the card. Upon further looking into everything, I am probably going to go with getting an 8GB Class 6 MicroSD (Probably this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820208453 ) since it's more in my price range. I also still am looking into what flashcard to buy. Also upon thinking more into it, I am not going to get a GBA Expansion because I really don't think I will really use it that often to be honest. Lastly, I have been doing some research about the different classes of MicroSD. I know the classes are different speeds with Class 2 being the slowest and Class 6 being the highest. Does it really make a big difference which class to get a flash card?

Also, Joe88.. What do you mean trim the roms? I've never heard of being able to trim roms. How do I go about doing that?

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!