Hacking Should i go back to v4.1?

TheNewbPleaser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well heres the deal i updated to 4.2 followed xzxeros guide 100% success but i cant acces my sytem settings.... any help?? ive got a nand backup (did it before updating) and i got bootmii as an ios so should i nand restore and go back to 4.1? or theres any solution for me being unable of going into wii settings?

and is it safe to nand restore with bootmii as an ios?

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm...

When you´re in preloader make sure that the system menu IOS is set to IOS 70 otherwise you cannot access the system menu settings...

You could go back to 4..1 with the Nand backup and BootMii IOS can restore BUT if anything fails during the restore, you´re Wii is hosed.

TheNewbPleaser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok preloader is set to ios 70 but still no luck, i tried nand restore with bootmii but it says to risky and press ABXY but i can only press 2 keys then it will through me out off bootmii. so if i install a new ios70 will i be able to go in system settings?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah go back to 4.1, if you can install a functioning IOS60, you can install system menu 4.1 for your region. the only issue is, i am unsure if you have a stub IOS60, if you do you will brick trying to get back to 4.1

if xxzero's guide doesn't install the new stub IOS60 then install it, just to ensure it is there and then install system menu 4.1 wad...you will have to reinstall preloader again but its well worth it.

i used the files from his guide to get two wii's to 4.1 that were at 3.1 and 3.2...but not to downgrade so i can't give the best advice as i wouldn't upgrade past 4.1 right now

if IOS60 is installed, you can downgrade, but be careful

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that