• Total voters

ZeroEXE93

Trophies
Website
ep.ipbfree.com
XP
Country
United States
The DSi web browser isn't exactly great, to say the least. If you're getting it for wireless internet, it's not worth it (especially since you already have a DS). Might as well save another $50 and buy an iPod Touch. =/

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
At first, I saw the dsi as a mere gimmick, with a bigger price tag. In a sense, it's true. I thought the camera would be useless, the screens would look ugly, since they increased the size of the screens, it had less battery life, and so on.

Not too long ago, I actually got to play around with it, and I was pleasently surprised at it. The screens are obviously bigger, yet the screen didn't look awful, even though it was again, bigger than before. The camera, was obviously bad, but for such a small screen, it didn't look horrendous. Just.... never take it out of the DSi, otherwise, it'll look awful. I didn't get to try out the other functions of the camera, like disorting the shapes of people's faces and such.

Surprisingly, the D-pad, was improved as well. It felt like the hybrid of the DS Phat and the DSL's. It looks the same as the DSL's, but it felt much better than my current DSL. The L and R button were redesigned, so it felt more natural to my hands. I always found the DSL's D-pad awkward, so it was a nice plus.

My only disappointment is that the battery is shorter than before. But since my DSL only lasts around 6 hours on minimum brightness settings, I don't really mind it (2 years old.)

In conclusion, I liked it quite a bit. Improved D-pad, bigger screens, cameras, and a few multimedia functions. Are the upgrades worth the extra cash? In my opinion, no it is not. Many people will disagree with me, and it's perfectly understandable why some people like it so much. However, with it being over 200 dollars, (In canada) I'd rather wait for the prices to come down a bit. Other than the price and the battery, I really have no major complaints. I think it's a good upgrade over the DSL.

Islay

Trophies
XP
Country
hmm, the homebrew channel that will making flashcarts useless *still a while a way thought* ands the bigger screen makes watching subbed anime that bit easier. but theres no reason to get one now but in about 6-12 month there should be big reasons.

MrDillDough

Trophies
XP
Country
I do like the DSi, but for the price at the moment, I don't think its worth it. And you already have a lite.

I would go for a Wii or something . .
tongue.gif

topgunroofm

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It would have to depend on what you want from it. The interent browser is a lot faster than the first NDS Browser. Though, you don't have the SLOT 2.

darktron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i use to have a fat ds, sold it a couple years back.. so i got interested in getting an acekard to do um STUFF SO ANYWAYS i got a DSi and i tell you it has some great new features, a better web browser, camera, and u can play music from ur sd card
biggrin.gif

Xoo00o0o0o

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Dsi in my opinion is actualy a great upgrade from the DS/DSL. Its camera isnt as bad as people say. (at least on the Dsi)
The sound function is fun to play with. I would spend the 40 $ more to get it.

Camshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Its a good upgrade, with the capabilities of a DS that have been advanced (Hardware revisions etc) and it'll progress just as quick. And as we see DSi unique stuff come out it'll get better, same with the Flash Cart's as well, hopefully like Team Cyclo
biggrin.gif
releasing something of capable and par standards that everything should look up too
tongue.gif

xCuteBunnyx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I say, if you dont really need the GBA slot, trade in your DS for the DSi.
Otherwise get the Wii or wait a while too see what the DSi becomes. Maybe the price will lower.

BTW, how do DSL games on the DSi games look? Does it look more stretched or just like black lines on the sides? Since the DSi has larger screens.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xCuteBunnyx said:
I say, if you dont really need the GBA slot, trade in your DS for the DSi.
Otherwise get the Wii or wait a while too see what the DSi becomes. Maybe the price will lower.

BTW, how do DSL games on the DSi games look? Does it look more stretched or just like black lines on the sides? Since the DSi has larger screens.
the resolution is exactly the same as the DSL so it should stretch it

Kingfield

Trophies
XP
Country
holy shit, you get paid for spending a day with your grandma?

O.O . . .

Man, I feel sorry for your grandma if thats the level of respect you have for her.

racer123246

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kingfield said:
holy shit, you get paid for spending a day with your grandma?

O.O . . .

Man, I feel sorry for your grandma if thats the level of respect you have for her.

Screw That! I never get paid to go to my grandma's. I love her very much, but she's too far away for me to just spend an hour there...

Acenima

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if u want it just for internet dont get it, the internet isnt all that great, just buy a itouch and mod it, it has fast internet and connects real good

raginrogue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the dsi is not really worth an upgrade from the ds lite but its an upgrade from the first ds and if you don't even have one buy the dsi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.