TheBeefBai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey there,

I'm wanting to try out some NSMB2 ROM Hacks. I previously had an Old 3DS running Luma which was amazing until the face buttons started to not respond. With no way of opening the system up, I bought myself a second hand New 3DS XL. I'm unsure whether to install CFW or to just leave it stock and try to use something like Hans if that is still a viable option... Anyone have any thoughts?

Cheers :yay3ds:

TheBeefBai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes you should
If you want to install homebrew then there isn't really any reason to not install CFW
Ok, got it...

Can the big N detect a modification like that or is it only if I install unsigned CIAs? I've been out of the 3DS scene for a decent bit now so might as well say I'm a newb again :rofl:

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ok, got it...

Can the big N detect a modification like that or is it only if I install unsigned CIAs? I've been out of the 3DS scene for a decent bit now so might as well say I'm a newb again :rofl:
They could probably detect just homebrew too
It's almost impossible to get banned on the 3DS now unless you do dumb stuff like cheat online

D

Deleted User

They can detect you if you have spotpass on or friend settings set so your friends can view your activity.

TheBeefBai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They could probably detect just homebrew too
It's almost impossible to get banned on the 3DS now unless you do dumb stuff like cheat online
Cool. Is there a comprehensive list of do's and don'ts for using CFW? I really don't want to lose my online access...

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
They can detect you if you have spotpass on or friend settings set so your friends can view your activity.
Activity logs are still sent to nintendo even if you disable showing what you're playing to friends
I never turned that off and my friend had sending system information in spotpass on for a long time and we didn't get banned

Reactions: Deleted User

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool. Is there a comprehensive list of do's and don'ts for using CFW? I really don't want to lose my online access...
Here
6af1e135cde028356c6a2429ea3e3542.jpg

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head