Hacking Should I get another Edge cart or something different?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snuka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My older daughter has a DS Lite with an Edge cart. Everything works fine - there are basically no problems.

I am getting my younger daughter a DSi this Christmas. Should I get her an iEdge to keep things (somewhat) consistent?

Or should I get her something that supports Wood like an R4 cart? I admit, I don't know exactly what Wood is yet or if I really need it.

The girls just play commercial games and watch an occasional movie so maximum compatibility and future proofing are my main concerns. No real need for in-game saves and guides or GBA abilities. Thanks.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you want something as future proof and idea for movie viewing, get a Supercard DStwo.
They're a tad pricy at around $35 but they work great, it's commercial game support is near-flawless due to it's anti-piracy circumvention system, it can play unconverted videos such as AVI, FLV (youtube) and more, and it can also update itself hassle-free to become compatible with DSi firmware updates (1.4.1 compatible with current firmware). It has real-time saves and guides, a GBA emulator and SNES emulator too, but I know they're not important to you.

If you want cheaper, think about the Acekard 2i instead, with it's custom AKAIO firmware, you can set it up with a child-safe lock so she doesn't accidentally delete anything. It's game compatibility is also great, with it's own anti-anti-piracy and is capable of playing converted videos through Moonshell. Nothing fancy like real-time saves/guides or built-in emulators.

dan80315

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^I was going to post exactly what he said.

DSTWO if $$ ain't an issue for you.

AK2i if it is. They're probably the best carts on the market right now. Granted AKAIO is taking a while to release updates now but even then new releases work with their new AP bypass option.

Wood is not the way you would want to go. Wood is for those people that are stuck with R4 clones and the like who won't bother getting a new cart or just don't have a way of getting a new one (be it financial or no credit card, etc).

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lenselijer said:
iEdge is a good choice, one of the most durable carts made these days.

Bull fucking shit it is.

Get an Acekard 2i, but if money isn't an issue, get a DS2.

That being said, there are a lot of gimmicks (from your point of view) on the DS2 that you wouldn't need.

snuka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Money is somewhat of an issue so it sounds like most of you are recommending the AK2i.
* I like that it is cheaper than the iEdge. It is more compatible too? What can you play on an AK2i that you can't on a iEdge?
* I've heard it has contact issues. Should I be concerned?

thanks again

mathyuowns

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Younger Daughter Really Get A Dstt/i much more efficient then the r4 and cheaper and since retrogamfans come back the updates are faster then any flashcarts except like some flashcarts have ap disable.
but it dosent get any simpler akcard and dstwo cost around $35 each and most of the features that come with that i dont relly think a younger daughter is going to use.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mathyuowns said:
Younger Daughter Really Get A Dstt/i much more efficient then the r4 and cheaper and since retrogamfans come back the updates are faster then any flashcarts except like some flashcarts have ap disable.
but it dosent get any simpler akcard and dstwo cost around $35 each and most of the features that come with that i dont relly think a younger daughter is going to use.

LOL you high?

Stop trolling and pushing the DSTT.

You'd have to be fucking retarded to think that it's better than an Acekard, and Acekards are $15.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*sigh* And this is why most of these "recommend me a flashcart" threads get closed. All too often they become gripe-fests between the fanboy groups.

The sad fact is that there is no such thing as a "future-proof flashcart"
But the closest you can come to this is to get one of the newer highly-rated flashcarts on the market.
Preferably a cart which is still supported by it's official team, rather than a single person keeping it alive,
or by people making custom firmwares for the cart.

It's for this reason that I'm getting a Supercard DStwo, and that I'm recommending you do the same.
While it's price tag is higher than some flashcarts, the money and headaches saved in the long run are worth it.

For further information you can look through This thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol