Should I get an iPhone 5 now, or wait for 5S?

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by fossda, May 31, 2013.

?

Should I wait for 5S?

1. Yes, wait until it comes out

13 vote(s)
    86.7%
  2. No, get an iPhone 5 now

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. fossda
    OP

fossda GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2011
    I currently have an iPhone 4, and I'm looking for an upgrade. But considering the iPhone 5 came out in September last year, shoud I wait till the iPhone 5S comes out, or get an iPhone 5 now?

2. chris888222

chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Oct 11, 2010
    Senegal
    If you're dead set on iPhones, wait for the 5S. It's only a matter of a few months until you get a phone which will even faster, even better camera and much more general improvements.

I won't say anything else, but I suggest waiting.

3. Sop

Sop groovy dude lmao

Banned
    Nov 14, 2010
    qld
    I say get whatever the hell you want.

4. gusmento01

gusmento01 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 5, 2009
    Brazil
    Brasilia
    I have a 4S and I am also waiting for a 5S

5. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    You're looking for an upgrade?
    Get a Samsung Galaxy S4.

6. fossda
    OP

fossda GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2011
    ...Or should I wait till S5 ;)

7. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    If you just keep waiting and waiting for the next best phone to be released, then you're never going to buy a new phone. ;)

8. Chaossaturn

Chaossaturn ローレンス

Jan 22, 2007
    I would wait and get the lastest model (for any phone you plan to purchase).

9. Smuff

Smuff Fossilized Gamer

Jul 29, 2006
    By the sea
    Galaxy S4 - Can't be doing with anything without a user replaceable battery however great they may be (iPhone, HTC One, Xperia Z etc)

10. Triumph627

Triumph627 All sweet & honeycomb

Newcomer
    May 21, 2013
    United States
    The Comatorium
    I'd say hold out the few short months for a 5S since it's so close to launch if you're set on sticking with iPhone.

I just made the switch to Android after having had my iPhone 3GS for like, forever. I was originally holding out for an upgrade to 5 or 5S, but the emulators made the switch completely worth it :D Of course, switching platforms is a pain, especially if you've invested into iPhone apps. I have an iPad, so I still have all of the apps I'd paid for, so it wasn't a big deal to me. And yeah, you could jailbreak an iPhone and put emulators on it, but that's just another headache to go through.

11. AlanJohn

AlanJohn くたばれ

Jan 6, 2011
    Canada,New Jersey
    I personally recommend to change your platform to android, but if you really want to stay on iOS wait for the iPhone 5S.
    Seriously, Apple is going to talk only about how outdated the iPhone 5 is compared to the iPhone 5S on their keynote.

EZ-Megaman and DinohScene like this.
  12. natkoden

natkoden Not a New Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Argentina
    You have a 4S right now, wouldn't hurt to wait.

But seriously, go Android :wub:

Just don't get a galaxy S4. The Exynos platform ruins all the fun. Unless you get one of those Galaxy S4 Google Edition.

13. fossda
    OP

fossda GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2011
    When I said 'looking for an upgrade', I meant an upgrade to another iPhone. They are better :P

14. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    Not better, you just prefer them. You're entitled to your opinion, just don't expect people to think you're right.

Only people who have the best of both worlds are allowed to say one is better, and if they dare then they must fully justify themselves to the legions of iFans and Android junkies.

Latiken likes this.
  15. Pyrofyr

Pyrofyr GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 24, 2008
    United States
    Miami
    Bought a 5 and I can say other than not being able to jailbreak it currently because of the newer fmw, it's worth the upgrade. I was waiting for the 5S or 5G as well, but realistically a new phone comes out once a year or sooner for Apple really, so why bother waiting, you're just going to see the next one come out and say "But iPhone 6 with iOS 8 is right around the corner and it might have +0.000005% processing speed!", the changes in speed are for the most part quite negligible from 4 to 4S, from 4S to 5 is a little larger, the only reason 4S was worth waiting for was Siri, it doesn't look like 5'X' is going to have anything large like that planned, and once it gets properly implemented, google has a better version of 'Siri'.

Also, android leap is probably a better option.

You don't have to justify yourself to anyone, unless you want something out of them that they withhold from you for that price. That said, both have a large share of problems individual to each and neither is perfect, but everyone has their reason to pick one, the other, or neither.