Apple Should I get an iPhone 5 now, or wait for 5S?

Should I wait for 5S?

• Yes, wait until it comes out

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • No, get an iPhone 5 now

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

fossda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I currently have an iPhone 4, and I'm looking for an upgrade. But considering the iPhone 5 came out in September last year, shoud I wait till the iPhone 5S comes out, or get an iPhone 5 now?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
If you're dead set on iPhones, wait for the 5S. It's only a matter of a few months until you get a phone which will even faster, even better camera and much more general improvements.

I won't say anything else, but I suggest waiting.

D

Deleted-236924

If you just keep waiting and waiting for the next best phone to be released, then you're never going to buy a new phone. ;)

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Galaxy S4 - Can't be doing with anything without a user replaceable battery however great they may be (iPhone, HTC One, Xperia Z etc)

Deleted member 329676

All sweet & honeycomb
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say hold out the few short months for a 5S since it's so close to launch if you're set on sticking with iPhone.

I just made the switch to Android after having had my iPhone 3GS for like, forever. I was originally holding out for an upgrade to 5 or 5S, but the emulators made the switch completely worth it :D Of course, switching platforms is a pain, especially if you've invested into iPhone apps. I have an iPad, so I still have all of the apps I'd paid for, so it wasn't a big deal to me. And yeah, you could jailbreak an iPhone and put emulators on it, but that's just another headache to go through.

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You have a 4S right now, wouldn't hurt to wait.

But seriously, go Android :wub:

Just don't get a galaxy S4. The Exynos platform ruins all the fun. Unless you get one of those Galaxy S4 Google Edition.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Not better, you just prefer them. You're entitled to your opinion, just don't expect people to think you're right.

Only people who have the best of both worlds are allowed to say one is better, and if they dare then they must fully justify themselves to the legions of iFans and Android junkies.

Reactions: Latiken

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bought a 5 and I can say other than not being able to jailbreak it currently because of the newer fmw, it's worth the upgrade. I was waiting for the 5S or 5G as well, but realistically a new phone comes out once a year or sooner for Apple really, so why bother waiting, you're just going to see the next one come out and say "But iPhone 6 with iOS 8 is right around the corner and it might have +0.000005% processing speed!", the changes in speed are for the most part quite negligible from 4 to 4S, from 4S to 5 is a little larger, the only reason 4S was worth waiting for was Siri, it doesn't look like 5'X' is going to have anything large like that planned, and once it gets properly implemented, google has a better version of 'Siri'.

Also, android leap is probably a better option.

Not better, you just prefer them. You're entitled to your opinion, just don't expect people to think you're right.

Only people who have the best of both worlds are allowed to say one is better, and if they dare then they must fully justify themselves to the legions of iFans and Android junkies.
You don't have to justify yourself to anyone, unless you want something out of them that they withhold from you for that price. That said, both have a large share of problems individual to each and neither is perfect, but everyone has their reason to pick one, the other, or neither.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol