-Smokey-

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.revillution.net
XP
Country
United States
If you can find one at a decent price, in good condition then yes. The vita is what the PSP should've been all along IMO and it's fairly easy to mod and install CFW, just like it is on the PSP.

Andorin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm very alike the OP. Switching from PSP to Vita.
I am travelling a lot and its very important to me to play retro games when I want to.
So when I learnt the Vita is just a better PSP I did hesitate a lot to replace it because im so attached to that support I've been modding since i'm ten yo.

I should receive my first Vita this afternoon (ordered two 2000 models), i'm so in a hurry to mod it. Seems quite different from the PSP scene.

Ampersound

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, you should if you enjoyed the psp. The Vita pretty much feels like a premium psp :)
I'm using a 256 micro sd, 4000mah battery mod, am on the enso 3.60 custom firmware. The plugins are great, got all the psvita games I want, got the anderline to play some ps1 games, also the n64 emulator working great. With all my games and dlc I got like 30gb left. I also have the same mods psp and my games on there take up 120gb
130 for vita from Japan with 8 gb memory stick
50 for the sandisk extreme 256gb
10 for usb cable for 1000 model
10 for vita2sd adapter
20 for the 606060 polymer battery
How long does it last with the battery mod, and what kind of battery is it?
In my experience, all aftermarket batteries have been worse than official ones. And i don't see a big reason to change the Vitas battery since it's pretty good, i get something around 7 hours of playtime with it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh man 500gb is hoarder status. 128gb would suffice. That’s what I’m using and I have plenty of room for psp games, vita games, and emulation all set up. Guess it just depends on how much you are willing to pay. You’ll also need a legit vita memory card to set up sd2vita. I have all my ROMs on my 16gb vita memory card and my microsd card has psx, psp, and vita games. Vita games can be anywhere from 100mb to 3gb.
No, you only need a sony memory card on the Vita1000, to set everything up. Vita slim has internal memory.

Last edited by Ampersound,
Reactions: slaphappygamer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night