Should I get a PS4 or Xbox One?

Small Kat

PC addict
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im getting one this christmas or in febuary and I wanted to know which console has the most... usebility. Like, after I buy it, it wont be left alone, or turned into a netflix box like my wii u. I want a lot of exclusive games that you cant get on PC, and great multiplayer games to play with my brother and friends.
Please provide a reason with your suggestion.

Last edited by Small Kat,

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Pros:
PS4 = more exclusives, more RPGs, better performance in games, has remote play on vita

Xbox = better games with gold/online service, more action based exclusives

Cons:
PS4 = More expensive though not by much

Xbox = Most games are on PC now

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
We are on the same boat, but I'm getting a PS4 Pro end of August. Decided that PS4 is the best for me because of the exclusives. I have a PC and the only game I'm waiting for Xbox One is State of Decay 2 which will come to PC anyway. The Switch doesn't attract me with its current library.
Now that there are better deals for PS4, I think now is a great time to get one.
I want to play Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted 4, Lost Legacy, MH World, The Last of Us 2, Bloodborne, Nioh, and more.

D

Deleted User

PS4 is mostly trash, PSN Shop is overfilled with trashware, multiplayer isn't even fun since everyone is tryharding, overfilled with trolls and sex bots. Same goes with Xboner.
You might try Nintendo Switch since it has atleast fun games, not some 4k mainstream bullshit which ps4 is all about.
PS4 library only focuses on graphics for the most part, xbox one does the same thing, expect that it has okay library.

Reactions: Lord M

Touko White

(not)Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There isn't really a difference in my opinion, choose the one which you think has a better controller, exclusives and what friends you have on it. Also keep in mind both of them as @Felek666 said are getting the Skype/Kik sexbot script since June 2017.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

There isn't really a difference in my opinion, choose the one which you think has a better controller, exclusives and what friends you have on it. Also keep in mind both of them as @Felek666 said are getting the Skype/Kik sexbot script since June 2017.
I have Xbox One controller and it's way better than DS4. I don't own Xbone to note that, just Wii U and PS3.
But eh, i wouldn't suggest buying Xbox One if all you plan is to screw around Devmode

Touko White

(not)Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have Xbox One controller and it's way better than DS4. I don't own Xbone to note that, just Wii U and PS3.
But eh, i wouldn't suggest buying Xbox One if all you plan is to screw around Devmode
heh, I have a Chinese clone original xbox controller that I use to play on emulators, lol. though I also like the DS3.
never held a DS4 or an xbone controller in my life because I never played a console post-ps3.

Reactions: Deleted User

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
PS4 is mostly trash, PSN Shop is overfilled with trashware, multiplayer isn't even fun since everyone is tryharding, overfilled with trolls and sex bots. Same goes with Xboner.
You might try Nintendo Switch since it has atleast fun games, not some 4k mainstream bullshit which ps4 is all about.
PS4 library only focuses on graphics for the most part, xbox one does the same thing, expect that it has okay library.
Nintendo fan detected?

All online storefronts will have trashy shovelware. The Switch no doubt has its own source of them, though on a smaller scale due to the fact it's far younger than Sony and Microsoft's offerings.

PlayStation and Xbox DO have a rampant troll problem, and tons of bots, but on the other hand, Nintendo only lacks that because of the ridiculous restrictions they put on online gaming.

Only the PS4 Pro is anything about 4K. Sony does put a heavy focus on high fidelity graphics, but that doesn't mean the games aren't fun. Uncharted, Bloodborne, Persona 5, Horizon, Yakuza, Crash Bandicoot, Gravity Rush, Nioh, Until Dawn, The Last Guardian, and more, all offer a wide variety of genres and styles. It's a bit subjective, as well, to flat out say the Xbox has a better library, when that's moreso a personal opinion, that perhaps the OP doesn't share.

At the end of the day, a PC is the best bet. Nothing more, nothing less. But if you're forced into being a console gamer, then it really comes down to personal opinion. Unless you really like shooters, the Xbox might not be for you. Conversely, you might not like the PlayStation, if you're not a fan of 3D platformers or JRPGs. The Switch offers its own pros and cons, but it's lacking an established and fully fleshed out library, since it's only been out since March, while the other consoles have had years to build upon.

D

Deleted User

Nintendo fan detected?

All online storefronts will have trashy shovelware. The Switch no doubt has its own source of them, though on a smaller scale due to the fact it's far younger than Sony and Microsoft's offerings.

PlayStation and Xbox DO have a rampant troll problem, and tons of bots, but on the other hand, Nintendo only lacks that because of the ridiculous restrictions they put on online gaming.

Only the PS4 Pro is anything about 4K. Sony does put a heavy focus on high fidelity graphics, but that doesn't mean the games aren't fun. Uncharted, Bloodborne, Persona 5, Horizon, Yakuza, Crash Bandicoot, Gravity Rush, Nioh, Until Dawn, The Last Guardian, and more, all offer a wide variety of genres and styles. It's a bit subjective, as well, to flat out say the Xbox has a better library, when that's moreso a personal opinion, that perhaps the OP doesn't share.

At the end of the day, a PC is the best bet. Nothing more, nothing less. But if you're forced into being a console gamer, then it really comes down to personal opinion. Unless you really like shooters, the Xbox might not be for you. Conversely, you might not like the PlayStation, if you're not a fan of 3D platformers or JRPGs. The Switch offers its own pros and cons, but it's lacking an established and fully fleshed out library, since it's only been out since March, while the other consoles have had years to build upon.
Multiplayer is eh in PS4 although singleplayer games are good.
And yes, uhm I'm a Nintendo kiddo.

LGBboy

Trophies
Website
outfacted.com
XP
Country
Israel
Im getting one this christmas or in febuary and I wanted to know which console has the most... usebility. Like, after I buy it, it wont be left alone, or turned into a netflix box like my wii u. I want a lot of exclusive games that you cant get on PC, and great multiplayer games to play with my brother and friends.
Please provide a reason with your suggestion.

I hve none of both, but to me it seesm that if you have to get one of them, PS4 is the way to go, due to more games and better ones.

But personally I would just upgrade my PC instead. :D

x65943

translation implies the existence of cislation
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get the PS4. There are way more exclusives, and also a larger used game market (meaning you can find used games for cheaper).

I wouldn't recommend anyone get an xbone unless all of your friends already have one. But this is unlikely because the PS4 has sold much better, and you will meet many more people with a ps4.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get the PS4. There are way more exclusives, and also a larger used game market (meaning you can find used games for cheaper).

I wouldn't recommend anyone get an xbone unless all of your friends already have one. But this is unlikely because the PS4 has sold much better, and you will meet many more people with a ps4.
That might change soon enough with the new xbox one x coming out. xbox one x will end up being the best console for multi platform games.

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That might change soon enough with the new xbox one x coming out. xbox one x will end up being the best console for multi platform games.
Says who? The system has to get a install base first. The ps4 is already sitting at double the units sold that of the Xbox one. Developer's are definitely gonna continue where there money is being made mostly. Microsoft is also being really stupid lately with their so called "uncompromising 4k experience" bloating yet games are already starting to be 30fps or just abover 1440p.

Reactions: Treeko

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/eFb28u5GPsU?si=35a7C58FgPbaxIMm