Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Half the games are above 4.05 it seem
11 games above 4.05 and 14 under 4.05

Worth it or not to get a 4.05 console ? or just get an up to date one..

Games i am interested in.

Uncharted 3 remastered ---couldnt find info about this game
bloodborne 2.00
Last Guardian 4.01
Order 1886 2.00
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection 2.57
infamous second son dlc infamous first light 1.76
FF 15 + DLC 4.00 (game update is 4.06)
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue 4.01
Ratchet and clank 3.15

Probably under 4.05
The last of us Jul 30, 2014
The Last of Us: Left Behind May 12, 2015
Dead or alive Extreme 3 Mar 24, 2016
Star ocean V Jul 1, 2016
Uncharted 4 May 10, 2016

Above 4.05
KIngdom Hearts 3
God of war
Shadow of Colussues remake

Probably above 4.05
Yakuza 0 Jan 24, 2017
Horizon Dawn + DLC
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy Aug 23, 2017
Dissidia Final fantasy NT Jan 30, 2018
FF12 remaster Jul 11, 2017
Crash bandicoot Remaster Jun 30, 2017
Matterfall Aug 16, 2017
Wipeout Omega Collection Jun 6, 2017

Kazesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would, but that's my personal opinion, if you can go without those 4.05+ games for years+, then go for it. But there's no guarantee that a 4.05+ hack will see a release any time soon. Its all up in the air.

Some ppl have a second PS4, so can play the newer games.

Reactions: Chrisssj2

Green Hypnotic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Half the games are above 4.05 it seem
11 games above 4.05 and 14 under 4.05

Worth it or not to get a 4.05 console ? or just get an up to date one..

Games i am interested in.

Uncharted 3 remastered ---couldnt find info about this game
bloodborne 2.00
Last Guardian 4.01
Order 1886 2.00
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection 2.57
infamous second son dlc infamous first light 1.76
FF 15 + DLC 4.00 (game update is 4.06)
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue 4.01
Ratchet and clank 3.15

Probably under 4.05
The last of us Jul 30, 2014
The Last of Us: Left Behind May 12, 2015
Dead or alive Extreme 3 Mar 24, 2016
Star ocean V Jul 1, 2016
Uncharted 4 May 10, 2016

Above 4.05
KIngdom Hearts 3
God of war
Shadow of Colussues remake

Probably above 4.05
Yakuza 0 Jan 24, 2017
Horizon Dawn + DLC
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy Aug 23, 2017
Dissidia Final fantasy NT Jan 30, 2018
FF12 remaster Jul 11, 2017
Crash bandicoot Remaster Jun 30, 2017
Matterfall Aug 16, 2017
Wipeout Omega Collection Jun 6, 2017

Yakuza 0 needs 4.05, unless you meant Yakuza 6?

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yakuza 0 needs 4.05, unless you meant Yakuza 6?
Really?
The game is 2017
And i heard that 4.05 was nov 2016.. soo.. Not sure how can i find out for sure for some of these games.

They say horizon dawn is below 4.05 but the update requires a more recent update? can anyone confirm?

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I would, but that's my personal opinion, if you can go without those 4.05+ games for years+, then go for it. But there's no guarantee that a 4.05+ hack will see a release any time soon. Its all up in the air.

Some ppl have a second PS4, so can play the newer games.

Hmm is possible. but paying a 4.05 console for these older games is hardly worth it if you talking piracy.
if you pay 200-350 for such console. You can buy all those games now on a 5.0 ++ FW console for around the same price... i think.

puppydg68

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Really?
The game is 2017
And i heard that 4.05 was nov 2016.. soo.. Not sure how can i find out for sure for some of these games.

They say horizon dawn is below 4.05 but the update requires a more recent update? can anyone confirm?

I have a launch day Horizon Zero Dawn retail box, and when i put it in the playstation it wants me to upgrade. My PS4 is on 4.05. So at least the North American disk doesn't run on 4.05

Green Hypnotic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Really?
The game is 2017

Can't tell you about other games but I'm playing Yakuza 0 on 4.05 without any game updates and it works pretty well. I'm on Chapter 10, no problems.

Last edited by Green Hypnotic,

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're looking for piracy then prepare to wait a couple of more months.
SpecterDev's release won't let you be a pirate.

I don't think he can really stop it from occurring in the long-run. Once you have this level of access, someone will make it happen.

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
4.06 (which patched the exploit) came out in November 2016, while Horizon Zero Dawn came out in February 2017. Do the math.

If you want game patches, I'm pretty sure you need PSN access (i.e. at least OFW 5.01, since PSN apparently doesn't need the latest right now - 5.03).

The PS3 didn't. You could boot a game, with the console connected to the internet, and it would tell you that "a game update is available, do you want to download it? Ok/Cancel". But I'm not sure how it is with the PS4.

Last edited by DSpider,
Reactions: Carl326

jellybeangreen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you've got money, buy both. Buy a PS4 on 4.05FW or below. This will more than likely cost more depending on where you buy it. Then also buy an xbox one.

Xbox one for current and cross platform games. The PS4 for games below 4.05FW. - This is exactly what I do. - Except my PS4 is on a 5.0FW. The console just sits under my bed and has for around 3 months now. - I don't use it. I might sell it and get the same model just older FW is something meaningful comes out, (Glacier white) is the one I have.

That's what I personally do, so you don't actually miss out.

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you've got money, buy both. Buy a PS4 on 4.05FW or below. This will more than likely cost more depending on where you buy it. Then also buy an xbox one.

Xbox one for current and cross platform games. The PS4 for games below 4.05FW. - This is exactly what I do. - Except my PS4 is on a 5.0FW. The console just sits under my bed and has for around 3 months now. - I don't use it. I might sell it and get the same model just older FW is something meaningful comes out, (Glacier white) is the one I have.

Xbox one i will never ever ver buy. hardly any console specific game. perhaps halo 5 but it sucks cuz no couch coop.
I got all cross platform on pc... this is the way i prefer it.

Maybe i will buy 2 consoles but from the looks of it like i said. the amount of games on it. can't warrant the price of a 2nd ps4 i think.
It will be kind of the same cost if i buy it or use modded console.

AMDZen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What kind of recommendation is that? LOL

Xbone sucks balls and isn't getting any new exclusives anytime soon because they shut down any and all projects that looked interesting. Sure there is PUBG this year but that doesn't reach Xbone any further than its cliche demographic, which is "shooter bros" type players. So unless you masterbate to master chief and dig on gears of war, you are better off playing Forza and PUBG on your PC and leaving it at that.

Plus this is a PS4 sub forum

Better advice, assuming you have the coin, is to buy TWO PS4's, perhaps one of them a Pro if you have a 4K TV, and then updating the PRO to play the newer games and leaving the standard around (or vice versa) waiting for the homebrew progress we are all hoping for.

jellybeangreen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What kind of recommendation is that? LOL

Xbone sucks balls and isn't getting any new exclusives anytime soon because they shut down any and all projects that looked interesting. Sure there is PUBG this year but that doesn't reach Xbone any further than its cliche demographic, which is "shooter bros" type players. So unless you masterbate to master chief and dig on gears of war, you are better off playing Forza and PUBG on your PC and leaving it at that.

Plus this is a PS4 sub forum

Better advice, assuming you have the coin, is to buy TWO PS4's, perhaps one of them a Pro if you have a 4K TV, and then updating the PRO to play the newer games and leaving the standard around (or vice versa) waiting for the homebrew progress we are all hoping for.

Not everyone wants to spend double / triple the price of a console on a PC to play the same game. Someone complaining saying the XB1 sucks can’t afford both.. OP said there isn’t enough exclusives on PS4 to warrant two of the same consoles and guess what, he is right. Same as XB1. There isn’t enough exclusives, that’s because of cross platform. Devs don’t want to lose 50% of their profits just because like you, PS4 sucks or XB1 sucks. If someone gave you XB1 with your PS4 I’m sure you wouldn’t be complaining.

Why buy two of the same console when you can experience both sides buy owning each console and won’t be left behind.

D

Deleted User

if a way is found to decrypt pkg that should work with specterdev release. The only reason I can't run playroom is because the elf loader does not seem to work on 4.05 yet. But I believe someone will recompile it.

If you like hacks and homebrew get a 4.05 or below while you can.

Love online gaming and the latest games and vr then don't.

Both sides have compelling arguments....I personally chose hacks. Cause it makes me feel alive.

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just calculated. 173 euro for games below 4.05
+56 for the "probably" under 4.05 list = 229 euro.

You can see how this doesn't warrant a second PS4 as of yet, I would say. Unless you can get one dirt cheap.

AMDZen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not everyone wants to spend double / triple the price of a console on a PC to play the same game. Someone complaining saying the XB1 sucks can’t afford both.. OP said there isn’t enough exclusives on PS4 to warrant two of the same consoles and guess what, he is right. Same as XB1. There isn’t enough exclusives, that’s because of cross platform. Devs don’t want to lose 50% of their profits just because like you, PS4 sucks or XB1 sucks. If someone gave you XB1 with your PS4 I’m sure you wouldn’t be complaining.

Why buy two of the same console when you can experience both sides buy owning each console and won’t be left behind.

You go ahead and keep believing this hyperbole. The wallstreet giants of the world want you to believe this because its an industry fact that console gamers spend more than 1/3 more money on games. And detailed analytics are such that they are proven that this is while also buying fewer games. You might make the argument that PC gamers are simply more patient and don't have to buy every AAA codfest for $60+ dollars preorder and wait for sales, but its also because of things like free online gaming and just all around cheaper games, which exist because of competition within the industry (Steam, origin, uplay, GoG, etc).

For a year of service, an Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation Plus membership costs $60. After paying $60 for five years to either service, you would have paid $300. That's money you could spend on a PC graphics card upgrade which is enough every five years to keep you playing even the newest games at specs on par or better than console. Most western households are going to have a PC any way so the only added expense is a video card.

Uplay just gave us 2 free games this month, Steam the same, not to mention sales like the ongoing winter sale that make PSNetwork sales look like normal prices. Sure PSN gives you free games but they aren't free if you're paying up to $15 ($60 a year if you buy the whole year when its on sale) a month for the service added since the games go away if/when you stop paying for it. Steam games will never go away, same with all the others.

PC gaming is just cheaper in the long run if you like to play a lot of games, and this is an absolute fact. Especially if you buy consoles when they are brand new for the crazy inflated prices and now with this half step generation thing with PS4 pro and Xbone X they just made it even more so.

Don't get me wrong, consoles have their place and are awesome, but parroting this tired old argument that is simply not true gets old. Its only true if you're buying video cards every generation for their inflated prices to play games at top settings all the time which is not what your average gamer needs or even wants to still get a gaming experience on par with consoles.

Last edited by AMDZen,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference
    Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?