Hacking Should I get a 4.05 console?

TR_mahmutpek

medic
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Okay, we will wait a bit buttt, once ps4 firmwares can be decryptable, cant we install latest firmware like rebug 4.82 cfw on ps3? Or just patch eboot.bins on newer games for older firmware?

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay, we will wait a bit buttt, once ps4 firmwares can be decryptable, cant we install latest firmware like rebug 4.82 cfw on ps3? Or just patch eboot.bins on newer games for older firmware?

Nobody knows...... It was a while after the PS3 was hacked before we could upgrade to a more recent CFW.

Reactions: TR_mahmutpek
D

Deleted User

i could care less about cfw this is very similar to early vita or wii u days. You are asking for cfw because you are confusing this scene with the ps3. This is a difference scene. Cfw persistent hack is nice to have sure. But due to method of attack (webkit to kernal hack) it's not needed. It's not like it takes forever for the hack to load. People will be able to accomplish quite a bit before cfw is dropped IF EVER...

Reactions: Zero72463

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i could care less about cfw this is very similar to early vita or wii u days. You are asking for cfw because you are confusing this scene with the ps3. This is a difference scene. Cfw persistent hack is nice to have sure. But due to method of attack (webkit to kernal hack) it's not needed. It's not like it takes forever for the hack to load. People will be able to accomplish quite a bit before cfw is dropped IF EVER...

While true, opening your webbrowser for something so simple like enabling Debug Settings can be a waste of time. CFW could implement these features easily. Could possibly make hacking more easier even. As for myself I don't see CFW being a thing though very soon. Making a CFW is just a long process from what I have heard and seen.

D

Deleted User

While true, opening your webbrowser for something so simple like enabling Debug Settings can be a waste of time. CFW could implement these features easily. Could possibly make hacking more easier even. As for myself I don't see CFW being a thing though very soon. Making a CFW is just a long process from what I have heard and seen.

thats the problem if your goal is piracy or homebrew why would you postpone it to write a cfw if you can do either or perhaps both. The vita scene is a perfect example of this.

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats the problem if your goal is piracy or homebrew why would you postpone it to write a cfw if you can do either or perhaps both. The vita scene is a perfect example of this.

You'll just have to see who does what, us saying our opinions probably won't change anything. If someone wants to work on a CFW and has the capability then they should and probably won't stop because someone says they shouldn't. In the meantime, though while a CFW is being worked on developers like zecoxao keep working on homebrew and such. Since we have somewhat piracy and it's getting better plus homebrew (and it's getting better, and new homebrew is being developed as we speak) I think now is a good opportunity. We even have forms of .PKG installing meaning installing a homebrew backup manager with CFW will be super easy.

We aren't postponing anything, those who have the skill and time to work on a CFW do that (can't think of many at the moment, perhaps Joonie), whilst developers like zecoxao work on more homebrew-related things. At this rate we'll atleast have very good homebrew and possibly a bare-minimum CFW that implements debug settings and features like that so it's easier for us to install homebrew and run unsigned stuff. :)

D

Deleted User

i disagree here somewhat. Some will try yes but it won't be focus of scene till other things progress. Then similar to vita people will demand it and time will be spent. This is my take after my own research. Opinions do matter as the vita scene shows. When enough people have needs (usb mounting for example or larger memory capacity) the scene is organic and it responds. Just being honest with you.

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i disagree here somewhat. Some will try yes but it won't be focus of scene till other things progress. Then similar to vita people will demand it and time will be spent. This is my take after my own research. Opinions do matter as the vita scene shows. When enough people have needs (usb mounting for example or larger memory capacity) the scene is organic and it responds. Just being honest with you.

Don't worry I love honesty! I didn't say that it would be the main focus, there are teams dedicated to CFW as there are teams dedicated to homebrew. The point I was making is both will end up happening (one sooner than the other possible) and both will progress. What I was saying from the beginning was not "we need to work on CFW now it's our main priority". I was saying it's a very useful thing especially on a console like the PS4. I even said...
As for myself I don't see CFW being a thing though very soon. Making a CFW is just a long process from what I have heard and seen.

Last edited by Zero72463,
D

Deleted User

Yes here I agree I hope you see my point about the scenes being organic.

Closed mouth don't get fed.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't worry I love honesty! I didn't say that it would be the main focus, there are teams dedicated to CFW as there are teams dedicated to homebrew. The point I was making is both will end up happening (one sooner than the other possible) and both will progress. What I was saying from the beginning was not "we need to work on CFW now it's our main priority". I was saying it's a very useful thing especially on a console like the PS4. I even said...

Where are you Rebug??? :)

Lmaokernel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would. You never know if future developments for the exploit will include an emunand like solution or being able to make updated CFW to install over an exploitable firmware like the ps3 prior to the newish ps3xploit solution.

Plus you never know if 4.05 will be the latest possible exploit in the console's lifetime like the ps3 being locked down to 3.55 for so long. Or the dsi which is getting hacked but it's not out yet and look how long that console has been dead.

Personally I wouldn't risk it and miss out on the scene even if you're never able to play games that require higher firmware. Translations, ports, and rom hacks are just too badass to miss out on. And best of all for me, backing up save files

Sent from my toaster running Rebug

Last edited by Lmaokernel,
D

Deleted User

im pretty sure qwerty has a webkit even in current firmware from there can attack kernal. I don't think people understand. The very design of the platform is being used against them. Webkit hax will forever change things after this gen.

riseofdeth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
As for playing backups, which is current status to accomplish tha goal? if is even possible to throw an aproximate answer. I know is something complex to know, cause there's a lot of factors and work to do, like decrypting and other stuff, but now that we have kernel, what's next?

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
if you are not for a hurry to play those games, get a 4.05 PS4 and keep it until the scene become big enough to pirate all those games, or buy any PS4 and nuy those games, bloodborne GOTY is $14 right now with plus.
in fact, most of those games are on sales right now.

jellybeangreen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You go ahead and keep believing this hyperbole. The wallstreet giants of the world want you to believe this because its an industry fact that console gamers spend more than 1/3 more money on games. And detailed analytics are such that they are proven that this is while also buying fewer games. You might make the argument that PC gamers are simply more patient and don't have to buy every AAA codfest for $60+ dollars preorder and wait for sales, but its also because of things like free online gaming and just all around cheaper games, which exist because of competition within the industry (Steam, origin, uplay, GoG, etc).

For a year of service, an Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation Plus membership costs $60. After paying $60 for five years to either service, you would have paid $300. That's money you could spend on a PC graphics card upgrade which is enough every five years to keep you playing even the newest games at specs on par or better than console. Most western households are going to have a PC any way so the only added expense is a video card.

Uplay just gave us 2 free games this month, Steam the same, not to mention sales like the ongoing winter sale that make PSNetwork sales look like normal prices. Sure PSN gives you free games but they aren't free if you're paying up to $15 ($60 a year if you buy the whole year when its on sale) a month for the service added since the games go away if/when you stop paying for it. Steam games will never go away, same with all the others.

PC gaming is just cheaper in the long run if you like to play a lot of games, and this is an absolute fact. Especially if you buy consoles when they are brand new for the crazy inflated prices and now with this half step generation thing with PS4 pro and Xbone X they just made it even more so.

Don't get me wrong, consoles have their place and are awesome, but parroting this tired old argument that is simply not true gets old. Its only true if you're buying video cards every generation for their inflated prices to play games at top settings all the time which is not what your average gamer needs or even wants to still get a gaming experience on par with consoles.

PC gamers, I used to be one. - you don’t get the console exclusives. Yes it is cheaper long term. But not short term. - most of my friends play console. Bar one. Who owns an Xbox one anyway...

gamba66

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
im pretty sure qwerty has a webkit even in current firmware from there can attack kernal. I don't think people understand. The very design of the platform is being used against them. Webkit hax will forever change things after this gen.
seems qwerty has a webkit + kernel exploit for 5.0x and some other people may have one for 4.55.

But will they release it? I doubt it, especially given qwerty history (stopping ios jailbreak releases after people annoyed him on twitter)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: why we saying hello again for?