Gaming Should I buy?

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'm gonna keep this simple guys. As of late my PC has been pissing me off so I was thinking of getting a HD console just for a few multiplayer games and some single players also. Anyway, Mostly I want one for Skyrim and Saints Row and Fallout. Would I be better off just buying or upgrading my PC or getting a 360? All the games I want are also available on PC also.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
360 is cheaper I suppose, if you want multiplayer you'll have to pay which sucks. The 360 still has some badass exclusives as well, so perhaps you'll want one for that.

Upgrading your PC can be expensive, free multiplayer with most things. Unfortunately, however, PC gaming is dying a slow death. It's still trucking, but not as well as before.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I got a 360 for all the multi plat "HD" games.
Exclusives are a nice addition!

Besides I only play oldschool games on a PC (late 07 laptop) so for me it was well worth it

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thing is though I cant afford payed online. I was thinking of waiting for the WiiU but I really doubt its going to get any really big titles like Skyrim or any new Valve games. And I know once I get one chances are I wont be able to get the other for a while.

iMinotauro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah Xbox hardware is cheaper than PC,but with the same amount of money($200) you can have a bit of a future proof Graphics Card. Besides you end up paying less for games on PC. For example I just picked up Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 for $5 where as on Xbox Live Arcade is a bit more, this also applies to Payday:The Heist which I picked up for $5 too in comparison to the $15 on the Playstation Store. Plus better graphics, Skyrim just recently introduced a High Texture Pack so you can enjoy it in all its glory where as on the Xbox games have reached their graphical limit. I can attest that both are great as I have a Xbox and a recently built PC but I have been deviating from Xbox little by little. As for computer gaming is dying I would have to disagree, these Indie games have brought great innovation to games and it has increased PC gaming not to mention of Battlefield 3 on PC which is exponentially better on PC which generates more PC Gamers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Up