Hacking should i buy a PS3 fat?

kaitlin459

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i need some input/advice/opinions plz.

i currently have a PS3 slim ive been thinking about buying a PS3 fat to have as a spare, plus i love the look of the fat and always wanted one. but im weary of buying a fat because i read lots of stories about the yellow light of death. and most of the fat PS3's i find for sale on ebay that are listed as used are from sellers who have no idea what the yellow light of death is

guess what im asking is should i just bite the bullet and buy a fat and pray it doesnt get the yellow light of death or should i pass and just be happy with my slim knowing i will never own a fat in my collection

if it matters estimated cost if i bought a fat would be 60-70 plus shipping, so in other words i would be buying a used fat not knowing what kind of life it lived unless the ebay listing clearly states never had YLOD which most listings do not

hell i asked one seller if he ever refurbed the console and he asked me what i was talking about

thanks for your time

if i buy the fat after i replace the thermal paste i can always use webman to set a custom fan curve

Aew4life

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could last forever or not a day its a gamble I would just personally get a slim and put cfw on it unless you get the fat reballed with new solder and make sure Temps don't go too high

Aew4life

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then go for it because being able to play 99 percent of ps2 games on ps3 rules I have a slim with hen wish I had a cfw ps3 oh well. Long story short go for it 60 or 70 is dirt cheap i also have a real ps2 with a 1tb hdd in it which to me is a better idea with fmcb

RaptorDMG

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you want the spare system in case your current one breaks you'd be much better going for a slim as they are generally much more reliable.
After all, what's the point of a spare if it dies shortly after you start using it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-