Hacking Should be getting my R4 tomorrow. Initial setup?

duelingdragons

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a complete n00blet when it comes to this stuff...

How do I set the R4 up? Do I need to download the 1.17 driver from their website, or do I use the CD that comes with the package?

Thanks!~

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Download the driver.

The disc, if you get one, will be out of date.

Just download it, extract it, and copy the contents of the folder ... not the folder, just the files and folders from inside the folder, onto the card.

Make sure it's directly onto the card, and not into any folder that you have created on the card ... it all needs to go to what is known as the root of the card.

duelingdragons

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, awesome.

And where do the roms go once I have the R4 files on the root of the microSD?

/ROMS?

lol @ me asking questions without doing any research

DarkWing

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Its not to difficult to figure out.. Trust me I'm probably worse at it than you are.. Typically if something can go wrong when I'm doing it.... Usually does... But everything they have told ya is pretty much all u will need to worry about.. Just download the newest firmware from the official site.. Just follow the cut/paste directions from same place.. If you have any problems there are plenty of Faqs with directions and people to help here..

DarkWing

arsehat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DarkWing said:
Just download the newest firmware from the official site..

That is, of course, assuming that it's a real R4 and not the "R4DS - Upgrade II" - in which case, the firmware would need to be downloaded from www.r4dsl.com instead of www.r4ds.com

arsehat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DarkWing said:
True... i would hope though that u receive the right one not that II everyone talking about..

On reading through the OP's posting history, it seems he got it from gameyeeah - so yeah, I guess he'll end up with the real thing.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Just make sure everything is on the right spot. The CD will tell you pretty much everything you'll need to know, including how to use cheat function, how to use themes, and so-on. The firmware in the CD is outdated, but usually new carts will be equipped with the latest firmware

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...