Short on "D" - CLK Point will kill your switch?

dewolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello Everyone, (sorry for my bad english <3 )

i'll start this thread since there is some general discussion but nothing specific on this point.

i've received a couple of switch to repair that goes in black screen after a short on the "D" - CLK point (customer tried to install picofly/hwfly/tinify/etc)
i've removed the modd and i've tested everything and all the things looks good, all the reading is correct, but the console remain in BLACK screen no matter what

Reading on the points are quite good
- C - DAT0 Point : 4-5 MOhm / 0.5 - 0.7
- A - CMD Point : 10kOhm / 0.5 - 0.7
- D - CLK Point : 4-5 MOhm / 0.5 - 0.7
- B - RST Point : 40-50k / 1.2 - 1.4

on 3v3 line when i power on i can read the 3 volt value
all the main chip (MT92, usb, MAX, etc) have no shorts and looks good

since i don't have any other idea, and for fun... i've tried to change (just to make some test) the EMMC and also all the main chips (MT92, USB, etc.) but nothing.. switch is stuck in black screen

the only thing that i didn't change was the CPU.. what you think the issue can came from?
i've read on internet for different switch that dies with this short, but no solutions :)

thanks

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
If you mean they damaged their via that damage is irreversible.
A dirty way to tell if your CPU is dead is by measuring the cap near the MT92 chip.

Reactions: dewolf

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The units are not in RCM mode are they? Not sure how these chips you mentioned work but when i installed my tinsy it was in rcm and would blackscreen if it did not have a payload sent.

dewolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you mean they damaged their via that damage is irreversible.
A dirty way to tell if your CPU is dead is by measuring the cap near the MT92 chip.

Reading is good, the CLK point connect just cpu and emmc? There is no other component involved ?
Post automatically merged:

The units are not in RCM mode are they? Not sure how these chips you mentioned work but when i installed my tinsy it was in rcm and would blackscreen if it did not have a payload sent.
Nope, I’ve check :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c