Hardware Short CAP in line 3.3v

isabido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi Guys, I had a Nintendo switch that wouldn't turn on or charge. The consumption was 0.49mA.

The battery was depleted at 2.5V. Externally charge up to 4.2v. When pressing the power button, it does not start but the SOC/DRAM reach a high temperature.

I have removed USB-connector, M92 and P13. But I still have a short in the capacitors that I indicate in the image, I think they belong to the 3.3v line.

Can you think of more steps I could do?

Thanks for your help!
1681205966321.png

Post automatically merged:

I will try to do a voltage injection, but I have a hunch that I am going to have the SOC in bad condition!

Post automatically merged:

I think that I will not be able to solve it, I apparently have a short in the SOC.

I have 20ohm impedance on the 3.3v rail.

And injecting 3.3V I have a consumption of 0.9A that is dissipated by the SOC as you can see in the video.

Is there any solution?

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-04-11 at 17.24.12.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-04-11 at 17.24.12.jpeg
    274.8 KB · Views: 85
Last edited by isabido,

isabido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
set your inject voltage down to 1.0v ish and crank up amp to 3~4A and check again.
and WHERE exactly you inject the voltage at?
The injection point is at test point 433 (which I mark in the blue circle)

Even if you select 1V and 3A or 4A, it will not consume more... the source is limited to 1A in the image as you can see, but it is still in CONSTANT VOLTAGE. In other words, if you want to see more consumption, you have to increase the tension and it would no longer be possible on this rail.

isabido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Well, bad luck! He finally decided to raise the SOC, and the short was gone. So as the video seemed to confirm, the SOC is "fried". In the trash.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs