Hacking Shops that sell flash carts in the US?

acoustic.digital

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm currently travelling around the world and picked up a DSi LL in Japan, and my next stops will be in the US. I know that flash carts are illegal in Japan now and impossible to get, but how about the US? Are there any modding shops that sell them? I'll be in Chicago, Washington DC and NY; if anyone knows a good store around there please let me know. Thanks!

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
A few Japanese users here know a few places in Japan to get flash carts. hopefully they will see this thread and give you a few pointers. its all about who you know.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
you can really only buy them online, you might find them at swap meets, flea markets or mom and pop shops....also if the dsi LL has a newer version firmware than 1.4 no card will work with it....

online shops:
kickgaming
electrobee
simplymods
gamebygame
dealextreme(be careful when shopping here, they sell a lot of fakes and take a long time to ship)
0shippingzone
gamekool
gamezway(your best bet for a combination of low prices and relatively fast shipping)
consolesource(though I no longer recommend them as prices are relatively high and shipping isn't as fast as others)

I'm sure there are about 10 or 15 other good sites that carry this stuff but I haven't checked into it too much

acoustic.digital

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
A few Japanese users here know a few places in Japan to get flash carts. hopefully they will see this thread and give you a few pointers. its all about who you know.

Thats true. I'm pretty much on my own here at the moment, and I don't really know any Japanese here. And the ones I do know from Australia have no clue what flash carts are
smile.gif
Thanks for the tip though, I hope they can point me in the right direction in time, I'm already leaving Tokyo tomorrow night
frown.gif

acoustic.digital

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RchUncleSkeleton said:
you can really only buy them online, you might find them at swap meets, flea markets or mom and pop shops....also if the dsi LL has a newer version firmware than 1.4 no card will work with it....

online shops:
kickgaming
electrobee
simplymods
gamebygame
dealextreme(be careful when shopping here, they sell a lot of fakes and take a long time to ship)
0shippingzone
gamekool
gamezway(your best bet for a combination of low prices and relatively fast shipping)
consolesource(though I no longer recommend them as prices are relatively high and shipping isn't as fast as others)

I'm sure there are about 10 or 15 other good sites that carry this stuff but I haven't checked into it too much

Thanks for the tips, mate. The DSi LL's here are all sold with native 1.4J, so it shouldn't be a problem to get the carts running. The reason why I'm asking for walk-in stores is that I'm travelling and it'll be another 2 months until I come home; since I'm gonna be in a couple of bigger cities I thought I might ask around for a few directions
wink.gif

acoustic.digital

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RchUncleSkeleton said:
you could also try craigslist just search the city that you're looking for and type in the card name in the main search there's usually a few people selling them who also do mods for other consoles.
Ahh that's a good option! Thank you very much. I already found a few good deals.

Diosoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Craigslist is a bad place to shop for flash cards. People tend to charge a fortune for them and they think including a micro SD card with 10 games allows them to charge about $40 more.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Diosoth said:
Craigslist is a bad place to shop for flash cards. People tend to charge a fortune for them and they think including a micro SD card with 10 games allows them to charge about $40 more.

If you found them in a local shop they'd be just as much...the only way you're going to get them cheaper than that is to buy online.....and seeing as he's not going to be in a single place long enough to receive one for a couple months this is the best way to get one...what would you suggest?

and no people don't usually charge $40 more than the actual price...I've seen r4's go for $25 - $30 but I did see a guy with m3i zero's for $40(that's only $10 more than most online shops)

Diosoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RchUncleSkeleton said:
Diosoth said:

If you found them in a local shop they'd be just as much...the only way you're going to get them cheaper than that is to buy online.....and seeing as he's not going to be in a single place long enough to receive one for a couple months this is the best way to get one...what would you suggest?

and no people don't usually charge $40 more than the actual price...I've seen r4's go for $25 - $30 but I did see a guy with m3i zero's for $40(that's only $10 more than most online shops)

Oh, I've seen plenty of CL sellers trying to charge a fortune for them. They think people will pay them money for ROMs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.