Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi there,
atm. I am pretty much confused about how the restrictions in the shops do work as they partially seem random to me.

I have an android phone and cannot install some apps like Brave Frontier "Global" that even has a yet disabled option for German language while my girlfriend with the older version of my phone can get it ....
something similar happened last holiday me and my gf both could not get a country restricted app but another German we met could get it without rooting or any other modification on her android phone.

so how exactly do they lock the apps for some ppl on Google store ? (same with Amazon store)
totally weird that even connecting trough the same router there seem to be differences oO

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Developers are able to set it so only people with certain carriers, versions of Android, or even specific devices can download their applications from the store.

Apparently, a lot of the more significant developers whitelist devices, meaning that if you purchase a generic tablet or import a lesser-known brand from another country, you're likely SOL.

Like everything in Linux, though, there's a way around it, and it involves modifying a text file and changing the description of your device.

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just got pissed and finally after about 2 years Rooted my device as usually everyone is talking about rooting here and rooting there and than using some marked enabler and stuff.... but doesn't seem to work anymore -.-V

Just google the name of the app and put apk at the end. Download to your phone, install and enjoy!
Remember to allow unknown sources.

Still sometimes an app needs an update which renders it unusuable until someone uploads the updated apk .... oO
A friend for example cannot download Puzzle and Dragons while I can so whenever there is an update I would have to get the updated app from my phone and send it to him which is really bad especially when I am playing games or using apps that none of my friend has or can get.

ResleyZ

Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I use a application called Qoo 遊戲助手. It allows me to download .apk's from the japanese market and also gives a notification (Atleast it used to, didn't give me a notfication about the last two apps that got updated)

Reactions: Patxinco

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY